There's a '56 CS strat I really like..... but I can make at least 2 warmoths

Notyethendrix

Man, there's a custom shop '56 relic I really loved. Mary Kay White, big chunky v shape neck, and it sounds the best among all the strats in the shop.  It is so good that I keep going back to test play it almost every week.

I can get a nice price with it too (around 2500USD).  But with that much money, I can build at least 2, if not, 3 warmoths. 

But I love that guitar, it just sings..... :tard:

take it from an old traveler. when in doubt, flip a coin.  :icon_thumright:

1250 will make a very very nice W version. The 1250 savings will buy a matching little vintage fender tube amp, or a very decent home recording studio.

I own one of those fender 56'. It's a REALLY nice guitar, with the mary kay white finish slightly cracked, and a nice falmed maple neck like you find on some nice clapton strats. vintage gold hardware. a beauty.
neck is big but I like it.

Difficult to decide.

i'm lucky enough to have it and have two warmoths.

This kind of finish i've never seen on a warmoth.

On the other side the woods on my warmoth strat and thinline are awsome, really at least as good as fender custom shop wood (pretty sure they are better and for cheaper).

take a second job and buy both ! (sorry just kidding).

the only thing warmoth doesn't/wont do, is to relic a guitar. for the rest you can copy fenders as much as you like, and even beyond.

You can always do your own "relic" finish, but better to go the CS shop one better and make it pretty! I wound up first starting building Warmoths because I was so underwhelmed by the Fender CS offering, particular considering their price...

I like doing my own wiring, and then improving upon it if I feel it's necessary. I'm just picky about getting the pots  & caps and pickups to work together... A normal Strat has no tone control for the bridge PU, and a weird lack of ability to play the neck and bridge PU together. They've corrected that in the Clapton Strat, the Beck one and the new "American Standards" with the pushbutton in the knob, but if you bought a "vintage" Strat and re-wired it to work properly, you'd run into that gruesome "resale value" voice nattering in the back of your head.  :evil4:
Better to go Warmoth, and wire it however the hell you want it. :hello2:

I'm not into reliced guitars and I must say I prefer partcasters even from old Fenders because I can make 'em exactly to my specs. In any case, I don't trust Fender's quality so Warmoth is the only option. I would love though a 50's Fender so I can sell it and travel around the world for a few years...

Thanks guys, I think y'all know my pain  :sad:

Well, I've got the money for this CS strat, JUST ABOUT, like saving up for a long time man.  Well I'm not planning on buying any axes from a shop, I just saved up for a holiday trip or something. And I'm not particularly fond of relic guitars too, 2 months ago I was waiting for my mate in a guitar shop, trying out this and that, mostly strats. That '56 relic just blew me away.  Notes just rings out man, I don't know what causes those sweet notes, it just sound better than other strats around, not even the master built.  PLUS it looks amazing  :laughing3:

You guys got the point, it is not 100% my thing, I really dig warmoth's compound radius for example.  And I'm not blessed with money, so I'll spend my saving wisely. 

But I'll keep going back to play this darn thing every sunday!  :laughing3:

Let me first say that I love Warmoth.  I own four, have one on order, have a Warmoth bumper sticker on my car, wear the t-shirt, etc.

But... there is something untangible about what makes us like a particular guitar.  If it speaks to you, I say buy it.  You'll enjoy it more I bet.  It is like love at first site.  You could go out with someone else (or two), but you'll always wonder about the one that got away.

>JR< said:
take it from an old traveler. when in doubt, flip a coin.  :icon_thumright:

Spoken like a true Aussie on Anzac Day. Good on ya bro! That's as much use as tits on a bull! :toothy12: :laughing3: :toothy12: :laughing3: :icon_biggrin: help him out..
"Relic" guitars are like sheilas that lie about their age, but if she sings that sweet, sod it, marry the girl! :eek:ccasion14:

David said:
Let me first say that I love Warmoth.  I own four, have one on order, have a Warmoth bumper sticker on my car, wear the t-shirt, etc.

But... there is something untangible about what makes us like a particular guitar.  If it speaks to you, I say buy it.  You'll enjoy it more I bet.  It is like love at first site.  You could go out with someone else (or two), but you'll always wonder about the one that got away.

+ 1 exactly what I would do. If it speaks to you get it. You'll build three W's but you may still want that strat!

If you can cope with Tom Lee, God bless you. They drive me into an apoplectic fit no matter what I try to do. For my own health and sanity I can't set foot in the place(s) any more.

I say that only because, as I am sure you know, their customer service is a contradiction in terms.

Are you sure you want to have any kind of warranty issues with that pack of dullards?

Make sure you look inside the control and tremolo cavities of the guitar; they shut off the A/C at night. Ever notice how awful the hardware looks, especially on the stuff near the ducts? It isn't all relicing...

I hate giving them any business, but they are the only local dealer for a lot of stuff. Still, I try to stay away as much as I can.

But if you love the guitar, and never expect anything from them, BUY IT!!!!!!!

whitebison66 said:
If you can cope with Tom Lee, God bless you. They drive me into an apoplectic fit no matter what I try to do. For my own health and sanity I can't set foot in the place(s) any more.

I say that only because, as I am sure you know, their customer service is a contradiction in terms.

Are you sure you want to have any kind of warranty issues with that pack of dullards?

Make sure you look inside the control and tremolo cavities of the guitar; they shut off the A/C at night. Ever notice how awful the hardware looks, especially on the stuff near the ducts? It isn't all relicing...

I hate giving them any business, but they are the only local dealer for a lot of stuff. Still, I try to stay away as much as I can.

But if you love the guitar, and never expect anything from them, BUY IT!!!!!!!

yeah man I went into that 'high-end guitar room', where they put all the PRS inside.  It's amazing, ALL PRS are rusting.

By the way, is that you Alex?  How come you know where I'm from?  :icon_scratch:

You are expressing in the most modest way. I'd say they are bunch of monkeys with no knowledge and manners, a 14 years old should know much better about gears than most of them.  Like you I try to avoid buying stuff from that pathetic shop, but like you, sometimes it's inevitable unless I go Ebay and end up spending alot more.

Sucks

I'm Sean. Is that you, Trevor? Nice to meet you! I did a member search by location.

An employee once got my attention by saying "Hey."

And yes, the attitude is what bothers me most. There are better expressions to describe them, but I wouldn't use 'coarse mouth' on this forum!

Who buys all those Boogie full stacks anyway? Paul Wong?

+1 on what David ( and ted) said. Buy It.  We all love Warmoth, But that guitar is meant for you, Hell Ken would tell you to buy it as well

[Hell Ken would tell you to buy it as well
/quote]

Yeah, he'd tell you to buy it, then buy a new Warmoth neck for it, then while your at it replace that sorry relic'ed body with a nice shiny new Warmoth body, and hey, while your at it, a new pickguard seems in order, and................. :)

:icon_jokercolor:

mates, I decided to build a strat and a L5S with the money

the 56 CS strat just have to wait  :icon_biggrin:

Back