The waiting is the Hardest Part

4406Pack

Hello
Have been a lurker for years gathering up as much info as i can
I a building a telecaster deluxe with
All indian Rosewoodneck and olympic white swamp ash body am right about the middle of wait time for neck but body is few months out
Hope she is worth the wait.

Last edited:
I hear you. I'm a newbie here and I've been awaiting my custom neck now for 13 weeks......

For some strange reason I couldn't register in the previous forum format; the confirmation email would never come through. But now I'm in.....

I am in the home stretch with my new body and neck. It's en route and arrives Monday!

It took 11 weeks, 12 with shipping.

I'm so excited.

With or without finish?
Neck finished, body unfinished.

The body was done and waiting for the neck.

I'd have had warmoth paint the body as well, but I have a specific color I want that they don't normally do, and anything out of the ordinary at this point is out of the question due to backlog.

Neck finished, body unfinished.

The body was done and waiting for the neck.

I'd have had warmoth paint the body as well, but I have a specific color I want that they don't normally do, and anything out of the ordinary at this point is out of the question due to backlog.
Good call. Finished bodies are taking a long time.

Good call. Finished bodies are taking a long time.

I still gotta send it out to finish, which should be about a month to 5 weeks.

But, I want to pre build it, set the bridge inserts/etc, and give it a whirl to see how it sounds. This way I can be sure of which way I want to go regarding pickups.

I will most definitely post a NGD with pics and specs when complete.

Here are my 2 current builds
20211009_144325.jpg20211009_144118.jpg

The tele is a '99 and is alder spalt w/ mahog/ebony neck

The strat is chambered alder with an all maple neck.

Both necks are modern construction.

Both are incredible, but the tele is just a bit more.......well, SOMETHING..

And I'm not a tele guy at all. I saw the body in whatever the showcase was called back then and had to have it.

Back