The tele has arrived!

Tempest

It's finally here.  Looks even better than I thought it would!

Now all I have to do is order is order the hardware for it.

I know the pics aren't great there was lots of glare and my camera isn't the best.

Looks great, cant wait to see it in real life, btw you should post some pics of the neck

Rouse said:
Looks great, cant wait to see it in real life, btw you should post some pics of the neck

Thanks rouse.  I'll post some pics of the neck.

It's on my strat at the moment, really digging the tone so far.

Max said:
Looks great!
Nickel or Creme humbucker with a ring and creme p90 I hope!

Chrome Gotoh humbucker tele bridge, vintage pearl pickguard with black pups is what I was planning on.  Maybe creme pups but I'm getting pups from two different makers (Lollar and Bare Knuckle) so I'm worried about color matching...

Blue313 said:
DangerousR6 said:
Very nice Tempest, that top is sweet..... :icon_thumright:
+1.  That's a beautiful quilt!

Thanks guys.  The quilt was a big surprise for me to!  I didn't order a unique choice or anything, so I wasn't expecting such a great top on it.

Decided to go for gold hardware instead.  Any thoughts?

And I ordered the Riff Raff from Bare Knuckle and an underwound (for volume match) Lollar P90.  Both in black.

Should I get long or short shaft pots for this?

I'm using a standard tele control plate. I'd assume short but appreciate it if you guys can help.

Thanks,
Bob

mayfly said:
Yea, you need the short shafts.

BTW, nice guitar!

Thanks mayfly. 

I got the Lollar P90 the other day,  Don't know when I'm getting the Bare Knuckle (I know riverbluff and Fernando have them.  You guys know how long they usually take?)  And I ordered all the hardware from Warmoth tonight, so this thing should be done early in April I hope.  Can't wait! 

I got the hardware in a couple of weeks ago.  Just did a couple of mock up shots the other day.

Lookin good!  I'll be starting the construction on Friday.

Max said:
Hurry up.

LOL I know.  It's taking a lot longer than I expected it to, I have to wait for my guitar lesson on Friday, and I'm gonna work on it with my teacher.  Maybe go to his place on Saturday if we don't finish it (which we probably won't).

I seem to have misplaced my digital camera....so I can't take any pictures but.....It's done!

It's a spectacular guitar, perfect for classic rock stuff.  A lot brighter than I expected which is cool.

It seems to love Led Zeppelin songs as well, split bridge pickup into the cranked AC30 model on my Valvetronix gives me a good "The Ocean" tone.  Full on humbucker mode I get a really nice rock crunch for AC/DC type open chord riffs and such.

I haven't played with the neck pup a whole lot yet, but it get a REALLY nice jazz tone with the tone rolled off just a little, very sweet blues tones as well.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics up soon!

Back