The saga of the unholy pickguard from hell

ezas

This pickguard for a JagMaster story just keeps getting better and better.

After the problems with Guitar Parts Resource, I ordered one from Angela Instruments. They shipped within a day or two via USPS and all was good. Until this morning when I checked the tracking and found that it had been delivered to a city 200 miles away. I checked Google Maps and there is a street address that is similar, but not exactly like mine.

XXX Holly Way (where it should of gone)
XXX Holly Oaks Ct

That was last Thursday so hopefully it's already been turned around, though the tracking number does not indicate anything other than it was delivered.

I think I'm going to burn that guitar.

:doh:

Well just I hope whomever got your pickguard, has ordered an Amp or something exotic and that's on the way to you.  :icon_biggrin:

I believe tracking # will cease once it's states it was delivered. (they must have signed for it)
May-be they will return to sender. 

Their probably looking at it saying  :dontknow:  WTF is this for.
:icon_scratch:  Sure doesn't look like that washing machine part I ordered honey.

Better change the name of your street to ….. HOLY CRAP (Nothing's going right with this build)

Updown said:
:doh: I believe tracking # will cease once it's states it was delivered. (they must have signed for it)

Actually, signing for packages doesn't happen very often any more because it's a premium service you have to pay for. USPS, UPS, FedEx et al pretty much just drop things on your porch, ring the bell and they're off to the next stop. I probably only sign for about 1 out of 100 things that show up here.

How true Cagey  :icon_thumright:
Think I've signed twice only (out of countless times) after that, they bolt.

Last time a delivery was here, I was in the kitchen, 20' from the front door.
Door bell goes.
I bolt to the door.
Open door and he's just closing the van's front door while driving off out the drive way.

That's after he's gone down a flight of 25 stairs around a corner and another 12 stairs.
Or he just jumped over the railing  :dontknow:

Sometimes I wonder if there training for the Olympics  :icon_biggrin:

I heard back from Angela Instruments. Apparently they sent me an email on this a couple of days ago which never made it to my inbox/spam folder. They made a mistake on their end and shipped it to a customer in Hollister. They have made arrangements to have the item shipped to me. Thanks to the heavens the customer wasn't in Guam or something.

Whew that's a much better outcome then the package falling into the catacombs of the post office. I'm glad because I've never had a problem with the USPS. UPS on the other hand . . .

Proving that there is an ill defined entity that may or may not act on our behalf in our daily lives . . . I have the pickguard and it fits and all the screw holes line up (there are 3 different PG for various Jagmasters)

As for the parchment pickup from the 'other' vendor. The bank said I have to take it up with paypal . . . So I'm waiting for that Parchment pickguard to take the red pill.

Now I just have to decide what to do with this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_0654 (Small).JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 366
Updown said:
:doh:

Well just I hope whomever got your pickguard, has ordered an Amp or something exotic and that's on the way to you.  :icon_biggrin:

I believe tracking # will cease once it's states it was delivered. (they must have signed for it)
May-be they will return to sender. 

Their probably looking at it saying  :dontknow:  WTF is this for.
:icon_scratch:  Sure doesn't look like that washing machine part I ordered honey.

Better change the name of your street to ….. HOLY CRAP (Nothing's going right with this build)

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

Back