The Reluctant Builder Built a Novel

reluctant-builder

Hey, everybody. It's been ages. I had to take a break, else I'd be drowning in left-handed Warmoth's and that just wouldn't be practical. :)

I hope the old crowd is still around, and that you all may still have some memories of my lefty Jazzmaster build: http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17778.0 (looks like my images got lost somewhere).

I've been building something else, lately. A novel. And I've entered it into a competition to be published, on a site called Inkshares: https://www.inkshares.com/projects/disintegration?referral_code=335a0fb6

It's a crowdfunding project. If you sign up for the site, you'll get an instant $5 credit, which would reduce the cost of pre-ordering my book to $4.99.

The contest measures contestants by how many individual orders they've gotten. I joined three weeks late, but I'm in 19th place out of 330 entrants! For $5, you guys could help me realize my dream of being published ... and, especially if you like sci-fi ... you'll get a good read out of it, too!

Attachments

• leaderboard.png
    leaderboard.png
    464.6 KB · Views: 381
So, among all of you guitar enthusiasts there isn't one sci-fi fan?

I'm incredulous that I could be the only one.

Seriously, it's like Mikey and LIFE cereal: try it, you'll like it. And, even if you don't, at least have a look, please.

Hey, buddy, good to see you active on the forum again - it's been a long time.

I am eager to read your book and check out the competition, but I frankly rarely have longer than ten consecutive minutes during which to do anything but work or raise kids.  The state of my guitar chops is appalling.

I'll sign up and do what I can to bump you up in the rankings.

Guys, I found out a way to get the book at no cost ... if cost has been a deterrent to you, so far. To those of you who've purchased, I'm sorry I didn't come upon this sooner, but I really appreciate the $4.99 you spent to get a copy.

Please follow these steps to obtain a free copy:

1) Click https://www.inkshares.com/projects/disintegration?referral_code=335a0fb6 and sign up for an account. (You sign up by clicking "SIGN IN" in the top-right corner of the page. You can use either Facebook or Twitter, or just put in your email address, create a password and click "Sign In Via Email.")

2) You'll get an email after a few minutes notifying you of your $5 credit for signing up.

3) Click "+ FOLLOW" at the top of the page I linked to, above, and wait for confirmation that I followed you back.

4) You'll get your second $5 credit notice after a few minutes.

5) Pre-order one copy of the book. (Have $0.01 left over.) Please tweet about it and post it to your Facebook pages using the buttons on the confirmation page.

If anyone you refer buys a copy, you'll get a $15 credit to spend on any book on the site (including additional copies of "Disintegration", putting your credits towards more copies better ensures the book actually gets published!).

Back