The other camphor burl

DocNrock

Master Member
Here is the other camphor burl, the one that was a baritone.  I hated the look of the bubinga neck with the korina and camphor burl top...it just didn't match.  That said, I took the imbuia neck off the VIP that got the zebrawood neck.  Now, I think it rocks!

baribodyfront.jpg

back2-1.jpg

bbl4ck said:
Nice switch... :headbang1:
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Thanks, the bubinga baritone neck will go on an Iceman body that has been ordered.  :icon_biggrin:

nice, nice! now you've got the VIP's as I would have done them, and the baritone neck, well, the iceman is a great guitar for the baritone. really, really awesome!

Sweet, that neck rearrangement didn't alter any of the set up work your tech did, did it?.... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
Sweet, that neck rearrangement didn't alter any of the set up work your tech did, did it?.... :icon_biggrin:

LOL...of course it did, but not too badly.  Let's see...the zebrawood neck on the VIP will not require a fret dressing, only an intonation, which was never done to begin with.  The imbuia neck on the other VIP was never set up to begin with, so no worries there, it will still need a fret dressing and setup.  Of course, I paid for a fret dressing and intonation on the baritone build.  The neck has had a fret dressing, so when I pair it with the Iceman body, it will only need a setup and intonation.

Orpheo said:
nice, nice! now you've got the VIP's as I would have done them, and the baritone neck, well, the iceman is a great guitar for the baritone. really, really awesome!

With the exception of the LP and Kahler things...sounds like you and I share a lot in common about guitar philosophy.

I love your other one as well, but this one is my fav! Simply awesome!

Back