The Larch has Landed!

Ddbltrbl

Got just enough time today to finally slap this thing together! Took a little more fret leveling this time than usual, but wasn't too bad. Then, after drilling the hole for the 2P4T rotary switch I realized the shaft was too short,  :doh: so I had to route a pocket for it to sit in. Other than that it went together quickly.
I took a couple of quick shots front and back; but I will take some better ones the first sunny day I get.
DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

I'm not completely comfortable with the Schaller bridge, but there is nothing really wrong with it either. Will probably do something different next time I need a fixed bridge.  :dontknow:

I'm not real happy with the high end performance of the TV Jones P90s either. They sound great on the low end and in the middle, but are kinda weak anywhere above the 10th fret on the high E string. I think I may replace them with some BK Supermassive 90's.

Other than that, I'm totally in love with this one. It is the single most comfortable guitar to play that I own. The weight is fairly light, and the balance is perfect! It is just simply tons of FUN to play!! :party07:

Now if I can just get Warmoth to do a contured heel on a Musiclander... :evil4:

That was fast.

Looks good. I like that color. I think the Musiclanders look best in a solid color.

How do you like the strap position? I've seen the button mounted where yours is and I've seen it mounted on the 'point'.

@DangerousR6 - Almost Nirvana, my wife told me I can't sleep with it, so I still have that problem to work around!  :toothy12:

Seriously, it is super comfortable to play.

@ezas - I considered both locations, and I think I might put it on the point next time, but I have no problem with it where it is. I could see how the current location might become an issue if I hung the guitar really low, but it is really comfortable for me where it is!

:guitarplayer2:

Ddbltrbl said:
Well that surely answered my only question  :icon_thumright:

Looks great, as per usual  :icon_biggrin:

I reckon a recessed TOM with string though would look great on these bodies.
(may-be try that on your next victim)  :laughing7:

I'd like to see the size of it against a Tele or Strat ..... Hint Hint
Looks thiner than a strat and a bit longer  :dontknow:

Loving that blue  :toothy10:

Updown said:
Ddbltrbl said:
Well that surely answered my only question  :icon_thumright:

Looks great, as per usual  :icon_biggrin:

Loving that blue  :toothy10:
I believe it's just a strat with just some bits nipped off... :dontknow:

Updown said:
You're readin my mind!! :laughing7: Maybe in black this time?? :eek:
Actually, that was my first idea, but I had the Schaller bridge that needed a home.  :dontknow:

Updown said:
As Doug said, it is simply a Strat body that has been cut down in places. It is exactly the same thickness (though it feels thinner), and just a tiny bit shorter, and definitely lighter.  :blob7:

Here are a couple more pictures.
DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

What a pain in the butt it was to get it to sit on that stand! :laughing7:

Ddbltrbl said:
Updown said:
You're readin my mind!! :laughing7: Maybe in black this time?? :eek:
Ahrrr .... Black you say http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=17679.0

Garden looks good too  :icon_biggrin:
Your getting a lovely collection of builds I must say !!

Looks like you need 'Hercules' to the rescue .....  :laughing7:
http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS412B.html

I have a few of those, very handy for my Firebird etc  :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

@Updown - I have 2 of the wall mount Hercs in my studio / shop / man cave, but I'm definitely going to need a floor stand version as I see more Musiclanders in my future.  :icon_biggrin:

Your Zebra may actually be what triggered my GAS for a black string through! I know I spent some time drooling over it last year!! Very tastful!!
:guitarplayer2:

Man, this is strange...  :icon_scratch:  I've never cared for these types of guitars (body shape-wise) before but... This looks cool! :icon_biggrin:

Gotta ask though, why is the Musiclander shaped as... Well, a Musiclander? Is it more comfortable to play than other body shapes?  ???

DangerousR6 said:
I believe it's just a strat with just some bits nipped off... :dontknow:
:laughing7:

It appears to have a (slight) offset waist.

JonatanOTG said:
Man, this is strange...  :icon_scratch:  I've never cared for these types of guitars (body shape-wise) before but... This looks cool! :icon_biggrin:

Gotta ask though, why is the Musiclander shaped as... Well, a Musiclander? Is it more comfortable to play than other body shapes?  ???
Thanks! I am really enjoying this one still! The Musiclander shape is basically just a Strat with a few bits chopped off, so it is just a little bit lighter than the usual Strat. But, I don't notice any real tonal differences.  :dontknow:

Putting the strap button where I did moves it a bit closer towards the neck, so the balance is a little different, but I find it to be perfect for me. I'm definitely going to build a second one sometime with humbuckers in it! :headbang1:

I love it. You don't see that body shape very often, and it does look like it would be very comfortable.  :guitarplayer2:

Ddbltrbl said:
Thanks! I am really enjoying this one still! The Musiclander shape is basically just a Strat with a few bits chopped off, so it is just a little bit lighter than the usual Strat. But, I don't notice any real tonal differences.  :dontknow:

Putting the strap button where I did moves it a bit closer towards the neck, so the balance is a little different, but I find it to be perfect for me. I'm definitely going to build a second one sometime with humbuckers in it! :headbang1:

Ok nice!
Yeah humbuckers sounds good to me!  :cool01:

Back