• Creme Pickups

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Chrome Pickups

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Black Pickups

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chrome, or zebra at a very close second.

Also, this is easily the most beautiful finish on a les paul I have ever seen, Tonar, you are a gifted gifted man.  :icon_thumright:

Tipperman said:
Chrome. Covered pickups. I'd say some kind of PAF or other. Maybe Lindy Fralin? Lollar?

He already said he's going with Dimrzio 36th anniversary PAFs, those are great pickups!

I like the look of the creme; however, I think the more nicely done an LP is, the more I think chrome/nickel is the right choice.  In this case, I think you've got a really beautiful guitar and I would definitely go with the chrome/nickel.

thebutcher85 said:
Tipperman said:
Chrome. Covered pickups. I'd say some kind of PAF or other. Maybe Lindy Fralin? Lollar?

He already said he's going with Dimrzio 36th anniversary PAFs, those are great pickups!

You know how these things work, though. You see pictures and suddenly you're illiterate. They are indeed awesome pickups! I was about to suggest them on my list, but that would be uncharacteristic of me.  :laughing7:

Tipperman said:
thebutcher85 said:
Tipperman said:

You know how these things work, though. You see pictures and suddenly you're illiterate. They are indeed awesome pickups! I was about to suggest them on my list, but that would be uncharacteristic of me.  :laughing7:

Haha! :eek:ccasion14:

I'm thinking that the yellow of the burst is calling for black or creme/black zebra. I think Chrome looks better on cooler (cool as opposed to warm, not cool as opposed to dorky) colors.

I have a Super Distortion and Air Norton from my Telecaster Deluxe that I'm going to put in this thing. Money is tight, and the Telecaster Deluxe has been asking for new pickups for a little while. Finally ordered the tuning machines this morning! Should have it up and running by the end of the week!

Does anybody know if 14 or 16 gauge wire from a supply store (Home Depot) would work alright? I can't see why not.

Yes, though maybe a bit cumbersome.  An electrical supply house will have smaller gauge, though you probably can't just get a few feet.  A mom and pop electronics store or hobby shop may be a good bet.

JaySwear said:
I have a Super Distortion and Air Norton from my Telecaster Deluxe that I'm going to put in this thing. Money is tight, and the Telecaster Deluxe has been asking for new pickups for a little while. Finally ordered the tuning machines this morning! Should have it up and running by the end of the week!

Does anybody know if 14 or 16 gauge wire from a supply store (Home Depot) would work alright? I can't see why not.
Both of those are excellent pups, also the Air Norton and the Air Zone work well together...I have that match up in my spalted tele... :headbang1:

Back