"The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly", performed by the Danish Symphony Orchestra

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
"The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly", performed by the Danish Symphony Orchestra. This has always been one of my favorite movie soundtracks....but there is something unusually special about this performance. Something that moves me every time I watch it. Something that hits me where I live.

Can you tell what it is?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkM71JPHfjk&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Nice! 0:59 I'm actually more than shocked - I can see a symphony bringing in an electric guitar for a pops tune. But a Bass GUITAR?!!! Heresy. They could lose their funding!! (Kidding, but not really. It's the same reason there are no saxophones in the orchestra. The haters won.)

Glorious!

42235284304_01b880de09_b.jpg

I have watched this video so many times, one of my favorites! A fantastic performance, lots of personality comes through from the performers, it is impeccably captured, a lot to love. And when they play Ecstasy of Gold they don’t rush it as so many others do! I’m a big fan of Ennio Morricone’s work and these guys do it justice.

Sovereign_13 said:
I think that might be the first time I've seen an actual ocarina in an orchestra setting (0:32).

I thought the same thing!

Looks like the same old cheap plastic ones you always see on the dustiest shelf of the music store, next to the Snoopy-harps and the nose-whistles. Is there such a thing as a high-end ocarina?

If there is, I'm sure there',s a forum for people to look down on the plastic ones and goad one another into spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on their ocarina collection.

Surprisingly, Google-fu says yes.  Prices seem to range from about $10 up to about $2000.  Seems you can make them out of all kinds of materials, but the super nice ones are mostly ceramic.

swarfrat said:
If there is, I'm sure there',s a forum for people to look down on the plastic ones and goad one another into spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on their ocarina collection.

C'mon, man. There's no need to spend thousands when the overseas made ones are just as good, and cost way less. I mean, a CNC machine doesn't care what nationality the guy pushing the button is. Right? Right?!  :laughing7:

Figured it had to be either the hot chick conductor, the tubular bells, or the Warmoth bass.

survey-says.jpg

Survey says... WARMOTH BASS!

What if the guitar was a Warmoth that had a Fender decal on it and in protest the bass player had put a Warmoth sticker on his Fender.

Either way good to see.

Back