What is the coolest music setting you have seen the Warmoth headstock decal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPOL007

I was watching YouTube and ran across this video. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - The Danish National Symphony Orchestra (Live). At the 54 second mark you can clearly see the bass player’s Warmoth headstock decal. I love the fact that professionals from so many music genres use Warmoth products.

JPOL007 said:
I was watching YouTube and ran across this video. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - The Danish National Symphony Orchestra (Live). At the 54 second mark you can clearly see the bass player’s Warmoth headstock decal. I love the fact that professionals from so many music genres use Warmoth products.
I think you forgot the link... :dontknow:

But I know just the one, because I’ve watched it a bazillion times myself. Yo, yo, yo, echo!
Photo%20Dec%2008%2C%206%2055%2000%20PM.jpg

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enuOArEfqGo[/youtube]

DangerousR6 said:
JPOL007 said:
I think you forgot the link... :dontknow:
Sorry about that...I'm still trying to learn how to send links. :doh:

Without the link the context was difficult to understand.  Now I get it.  I think there are more warmoth players than you think, I always look for the blank headstock.  That vid is cool.

That video is super cool....a great performance of a great piece. I have enjoyed watching it many times. The Warmoth sticker is a bonus!

But I agree: the surest sign of a Warmoth is no logo at all. Watch for that, and you'll see Warmoth all over the place, in the hands of some of the most famous players in the world.

For example:

iu

The Aaron said:
That video is super cool....a great performance of a great piece. I have enjoyed watching it many times. The Warmoth sticker is a bonus!

But what I want to know is....

... who is the conductor???

AND:

Recorder and ocarina in an orchestral setting! What?? And played by the same guy, even. His total investment in instruments was about $20!  :laughing7:

Do they even make "high-end" ocarinas? Is there such a thing?

Wow, I had no idea they had those professional models. Even at that, they still are within most people's reach.

-VB- said:
Here is a picture of me playing my ocarina in front of the castle:
link-playing-ocarina-zelda-ocarina-of-time-screenshot-thumb-320x266.jpg

Since you're obviously the local expert on ocarina's, I have a few questions:

What is the best key?
Am I supposed to play it diatonically, or can I play it "cross-harp" like a harmonica?
Would your recommend plastic, wood, or porcelain, or some other material?

I'm considering this one, for obvious reasons:

Sol_CosPlay2_2048x.jpg

Once I have the ocarina nailed down, I'll begin sleuthing out the appropriate elf ears and head-necklace (headlace?).

But for now, your advice on the ocarina itself would be most appreciated!

The Aaron said:
Since you're obviously the local expert on ocarina's, I have a few questions:

What is the best key?
Am I supposed to play it diatonically, or can I play it "cross-harp" like a harmonica?
Would your recommend plastic, wood, or porcelain, or some other material?

I mostly played with these keys:

Photo%20Dec%2012%2C%201%2027%2039%20PM.jpg

Which also answers your second question as the notes are clearly arranged diagonally.

As for materials, the best ones are made from materials that we can’t make or even recognize/identify today.

Woah that's really schweet seeing big leaguers repping the Big W by name.

That ocarina stuff reminds me that I guess my local Halloween Town store went out of business? I went back for more spider webs and stuff last month they're gone. It's like, if your not going to have cool swords, video game costumes, and spooky items then at least put the Borders back.

Me ... after my trip to Aussie land I’m on the way to didgeridoo.  I meet some indigenous fellas and they treat it with reference.  I can’t do anything musical, but it sounds good.

Yo, count dankulas, the hand shaming ITT isn't a good look on y'all. Big, small... we're all #beautiful. She seems well equipped to be a orcarina virtuoso so good on her. You guys are being like such narcs right now, like so narcoleptic.

Just in case it gets lost in BroccoliRob's bizarro characterization, I'm gonna second his point.

Trans shaming is so last decade.  We're better than that, people.  Let's show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back