The fish has landed

kendog

Look what was waiting for me when I got home today!

Started planning this about a year and a half ago a lot of you guys gave me some great feedback in this thread:
http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19886.0

I took my time to learn what I need to and finally pulled the trigger a few weeks ago. This will be a long running project and I'll post updates when I make progress.

Here she is:
Body = White Korina/Quilt top

(sorry for the sucky iphone photos, I'll get some better ones over the weekend.)

guitar1.jpg

guitar2.jpg

guitar4.jpg

guitar6.jpg

Thanks guys.

I wanted to take a better picture, what do you guys wipe the wood down with to get the grain to pop. naptha, mineral spirits?

Naphtha. It boils off quick, though, so have your camera ready to go.

Yeah, you should always have a quart of the stuff around. It's good for a lot of things, and it won't hurt lacquer or poly finishes.

Title should have said the "Turtle" has landed... :laughing7:

Exquisite Tele, always love Tele's with double hums... :guitarplayer2:

DangerousR6 said:

You might like this one then...

It's my "test" body that I use to make sure necks are good before I ship them. It's a leftover from a shipping mishap. You can't see it in the picture, but the finish is wrecked from a couple trips across the Atlantic ocean. I put a couple GFS Dream 180s on it. Sounds great. In that pic, I've got a Pau Ferro over Maple neck on it, which matches up pretty good with the vintage white paint and gold hardware.

I have yet to get anything from GFS that I didn't like.

That body has served me well. No matter how careful you are, the only way to know for sure if a neck is going to work is to bolt the little rascal up and string it. I don't need it for total builds, but I get a lotta necks to work on with no body. Bolt 'em on there and string 'em up and sometimes you find a fret that still needs a bit of attention. Seems to work out well, since I haven't gotten any complaints.

DangerousR6 said:
Title should have said the "Turtle" has landed... :laughing7:

Nice ... didn't even think of that

Got time to take a better picture of the body.

This will probably be the last post here, I'll start up a thread in the build section once I get started on it

DSCN5722.jpg

DSCN5723.jpg

Back