Tell me what guitars you would own besides warmoth parts

WarmothRules

I hate new Ibanez's but their old Roadstar series for the late 70's early 80's would be my pick. Also their old RG 770 series is awesome.

There's a couple of vintage Fenders - '57 Strat, '68 Tele and a '61 Gibson SG Special I owned 25-30 years ago I wish I still had, but the costs of vintage instruments has gotten so ridiculous, and what's available tends to be dregs that I doubt I'll ever go in that direction unless I run across something I can absolutely steal, which is highly unlikely...

As far as anything currently available, I can build a superior guitar using Warmoth parts; still get around and check things out regularly, thought about a PRS till I did my VIP build which I like better.

At some point if I can find the right axe to work from I might buy a early-mid '60s double cutaway Melody Maker to modify beyond all recognition like the one I played for 19 years....

I'd have an old Broadcaster that's been 'relic'ed by age and use, not by Fender.
And the best playing early '60s SG I could find.
And a prewar Gibson J-45.
And a vintage upright bass.

For new stuff, it's all for Warmoth.

I would really like a nice Gibson 335 but,being a lefty, it's hard to find a good one that is not overpriced to hell. I actually found a store in Sydney that had three new ones on the wall and they all played like shit I couldn't believe it.

Currently:
Fender USA Jazz Bass (natural ash)
Fender USA 52ri Tele
Les Paul Standard (tobacco burst)
Les Paul BFG (blue refin)
ES-333 (walnut)
ES-333 (natural)
Fender USA Stratocaster (natural ash)
SG Special  (walnut)
SG Classic (black cherry burst refin)
L6s (natural maple)
L6s (natural maple)
Adamas SMT (ruby)
Tacoma M1 (natural)
L5cES (sunburst)
Byrdland (natural)
ES-137c (emerald)
L4c (sunburst)
Ric 360 (natualglo)
Lucille (ebony)
ES-355TDSV (dark cherry)
and the toiletcaster

I mis read that... sorry.

Anymore, the wish list is non-existant.  You find something that suits yer fancy and if the mood strikes... snag it.

Hmm off the top of my head

Yngwie Malmsteen signature stratocaster
Dean ML with Floyd
Caparison Applehorn

Hmm... I've always wanted a Custom Shop '60s NOS Strat.  I saw some very nice Suhr guitars in one of the local shops the other day.  They had a awesome quilt top Suhr Tele with body contours and P-90s, no pickguard (http://www.andysguitars.com/brand_info.php?category=Electrics&brand=John+Suhr&id=1131&page=1).  I should have asked if I could play it.  They had it listed for more than twice as much as I spent on my Warmoth build!!

Off the top of my head, all I can think of is an Avalon acoustic jumbo, the Bensusan custom they make. Don't know the model # but it's amazing.

Warrior guitars.  Man, I went to the Dallas Guitar Festival several months ago and saw the most amazing guitars from the Warrior Co.  These guitars are works of art.  They have beautiful woods, amazing curves and are just fabulous to hold.  The guitar that I held was $10,000.  I did not want to plug it in because I already had tears in my eyes.  Oh man.  I kid you not....these guitars are awesome.  The owner of the company was a real nice guy too.  If I was rich....I'd collect them all. :eek:ccasion14:

Shane-O

I'd like an original 52 tele with a butterscotch finish and aged look. A P90 loaded Les Paul Gold Top and a sunburst Gibson 335.

Then this obsession would stop, promise!  :icon_biggrin:

Of those I might try building the tele with Warmoth parts. I think I could do it fairly cheap compared to the £1000+  your looking at for a proper reissue over here. 

"I've always wanted a Custom Shop '60s NOS Strat."?... Fender RIs?

You can build a superior instrument yourself from Warmoth parts for less; Fender Custom Shop will sell you the same PUs....

jackthehack said:
"I've always wanted a Custom Shop '60s NOS Strat."?... Fender RIs?

You can build a superior instrument yourself from Warmoth parts for less; Fender Custom Shop will sell you the same PUs....

The Time Machine series.  I've always liked those NOS guitars, and I would only want one because it is was made by Fender.  If I were made of money I would buy one just to add to the collection, and I probably wouldn't play it.  I'm not really in disagreement with you, and I don't want to start a Fender vs Warmoth debate.  You can certainly build an awesome nitro-finished replica, and if I wanted to build one that I would play, I would do just that.  I think it would be hard for me to find anything that I think plays significantly better than my Warmoth Strat.

I think all that I now desire that I won't build with Warmoth stuff is a Les Paul.  I want a standard plain top from at least a few years ago when they didn't take out ALL the wood from inside.  Tobacco burst, please, but I will settle for cherry burst if that's all you've got to give me.  The only other guitars I want now are a few Teles and maybe one more Strat, but you can bet those will be Warmoth built!

I forgot to mention, I would love to have a Pensa MK1, but I can get close enough with a Warmoth build.

shaneman said:
Warrior guitars.  Man, I went to the Dallas Guitar Festival several months ago and saw the most amazing guitars from the Warrior Co.  These guitars are works of art.  They have beautiful woods, amazing curves and are just fabulous to hold.  The guitar that I held was $10,000.  I did not want to plug it in because I already had tears in my eyes.  Oh man.  I kid you not....these guitars are awesome.  The owner of the company was a real nice guy too.  If I was rich....I'd collect them all. :eek:ccasion14:

Shane-O

Wow, just checked their site. I'm not religious but the jesus christ model is ridiculous craftsmanship! 

Back