Telepaul is done

Thanks guys, will see what the rules are for the next month.. owner / warmoth finished.

The conscensus so far is that it plays and sounds better than it looks...  and it looks pretty damn good. 

That really is a wonderful lookling guitar! Funny about the neck angle, my feelings are the exact opposite :icon_biggrin:

I thought about doing something similar, but not a carved top, no maple lam, and painted pink.

Oh well!

I was actually quite keen on getting a regular TOM and angled neck at first.  I thought I like that better from a feel / playing standpoint.  In the end I went recessed purely on looks .  Now that I play this thing all the time, it feels really weird switching to the Gibson.  I guess it's because the neck and feel came pretty close to the Gibson spec in the end - angle aside.  It doesn't feel at all strange when I switch from my regular "strat format" guitars to an LP.  I have to say that this one is just a really good design.  Whenever I'm playing this thing, I'm just sitting there thinking to myself how perfect this came out.    As for loaning it out, that may not be happening any time soon but I'll keep you posted if I change my mind!

Guitar of the year! (in my opinion)

I LOVE it!  :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :eek:ccasion14:

I'm a rock player at the end of the day so you probably won't catch me playing any jazz on it...  It's equipped with BareKnuckle Rebel-Yells.  The bridge has a pretty high output (14.45k DC resistance) and a softer level (8.3k) at the neck - these are the Steve Stevens signature series.  The 5 way switch is wired for standard LP 3 way options + coil taps on each pickup.  On that front, it can cover pretty much anything from metallica to dire straits.  Can even get a decent RHCP funky sound by splitting the bridge (think blood sugar sex magic days) which you couldn't get on an LP.  Haven't tried any "uber-metal low" dropped tunings (below dropped D) but I don't think it would be very good at those.  24.75 scale flakes out real quick when you start tuning down...  That aside, it's a very versatile guitar.

Beautiful. I love everything about this one.  :party07: You have inspired me to go with an all Indian Rosewood neck on my Tele build

Back