Telepaul is done

elgravos

Well here it is.  Telepaul complete.  Been built for a few weeks now but it's taken me a while to get some half decent pictures...

As per previous posts, spec is as follows:

- One piece mahogany body / Flame maple top with fireburst finish – clear gloss on the back.  Vintage tint masked binding.

- Rosewood Conversion Neck (24-3/4” scale) with jet black ebony board – SS6105 – 1-11/16th at the nut (graphtech earvana)  and a straight 12” radius.  Staggered Sperzel locking tuners so no need for string trees.

As for pickups, those are a matched set of Bare-Knuckle Rebel Yells.

Guitar plays and sounds great.  Think I should have called it a Telepaul(RS) as it actually feels a lot more like a PRS Custom 22 than an LP from a playing standpoint, but that shouldn’t really be a surprise given that it lacks the bulk and angled neck of an LP.  I can’t complain on that front.  It feels absolutely great – quite possibly the best guitar I have played to date.   Sonically, where the bareknuckles come in, you are definitely well into in LP territory.  Again, the lack of full LP bulk takes something out of the sound but you really are pretty close.  Ultimately, I really think it’s down the scale length.  If you are in the right ballpark on that front, as long as you have PAF based pickups and a mahogany body, it’s pretty hard to get it wrong.  Anyway, I will definitely call this one a winner.  Hands down my best guitar to date.

That is just amazing, wondering though, how's the upper fret access?

Not too bad - though it's no Ibanez shredder.  The same as on a similarly specced warmoth strat (with contoured heel).  I happen to have one of those and compared... no difference.

I honestly can't wait to get myself my own perfect warmoth. It must be a great feeling having YOUR guitar!  :kewlpics: :rock-on:

This guitar is just beautiful. I adore the carved top tele shape, and I really want one. Damn my shitty life lol

ENTER THIS IN THE GOTM
you got MY vote

I very recently purchased the same neck short of the ebony
Love the entire thing, it really warms my heart :icon_thumright:

Absolutely gorgeous. One of the nicest I've seen so far. (It probably doesn't hurt that its bears a lot of similarities to what I'm cookin up)

Back