Telecaster hot dog route depth

-CB-

Epic Member
Can somebody with an unbuilt telecaster body (warmoth) tell me the depth of the control route?

Many thanks.  There is a vision in my head that might take shape if it all works out.

1 1/2 inch or 37 mm on the one I have sitting here.

Edit: Should have specified, that's a top-routed body.

Me too. In my brain, I'm seeing a rear-routed, hollow, Black Korina Esquire, finished in Transparent Red, with double black binding.

Sorry, but I've been on a one-pickup-per-guitar tear the last two years for some unknown reason.

:glasses10:

RLW - No need to apologize for the one pickup thing.

CB - What do you have in mind?

I've been really itching to do a one-pickup build, with just a neck humbucker.... Jazz style in a non jazz guitar

nathan a said:
I've been really itching to do a one-pickup build, with just a neck humbucker.... Jazz style in a non jazz guitar

How about one of these instead of a humbucker?

http://www.lollarguitars.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LGP&Product_Code=222&Category_Code=PP

RLW said:

http://www.lollarguitars.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LGP&Product_Code=222&Category_Code=PP

But it's so.... ugly.

nathan a said:
RLW said:

But it's so.... ugly.

So are a lot of guitar players :icon_jokercolor: I wonder what it SOUNDS like :icon_scratch:

ibob74 said:
CB - What do you have in mind?

I have stayed upon many a late night candle's vigil, over the technical meanderings borne of a mind so twisted, as to conceive a device wretched, for nothing less than unfathomable contempt can be its mate, not through despicable ardour, but through pure evil and malice and darkness.

I have seen in bleak vision, two horns projecting devilishly upward from a thin wooden structure, whose pate is rounded, not sharply creased.  I have seen this in horrible detail in my minds eye - with orders from below to construct it in every detail and manner.  This shall be accomplished in solitary fashion, amid the amassed and varied paraphernalia of a madman, late upon the near dawn's waking, secretly, and with the sobriety of torment leading to a near certain death.

When the sheet is lifted.  You will know.

you could have easily said  "Oh, an SG"  although that was a description so fiendish that it would make Frankenstein's monster jealous.

nathan a said:
But it's so.... ugly.

You need to look to it sometimes to see the beauty in it... (never will be like Angelina Jolie, but Ok, sometimes a "6 grade" girl can shake as good that make our brain melt!)

No lad, not an SG... not just an SG...

SG's aplenty I have.  But this shall be the creation of a modern Prometheus, unwoldly, ungodly, and wretched in every form and measure.

CB, don't know what you're on besides the Drambuie, but send me some? Must be GOOD shit...  :toothy12:

CB: 335?

NonsenseTele: Don't ask don't tell

Shmoopy: Stay off the CB threads

can't argue with that.

NonsenseTele said:
nathan a said:
But it's so.... ugly.
sometimes a "6 grade" girl can shake as good that make our brain melt!)

I make it a point to never look at shaking 6th grade girls, unless they're from Arkansas and been left back seven times.

Hummmm...
Now I think I understand... As grade I tryed to say about the 1 to 10 you take in a test...

looks like it's the name used of the school years... :sad1:

It came in hellspawn'd trance....

telesg.jpg

Back