Telecaster bridge issue.

Heft

I have a telecaster body I want to put a wrap araound bridge on (when I ordered it from warmoth I asked for an angled neck pocket). However I've recently decided that I would rather have a single coil in the bridge than the humbucker its routed for. The issue right now is the inability to put an ashtray bridge on the guitar.
I am wondering if I could just put a bigsby B5 base plate and if that would work?
s-l140.jpg

Anyone have any ideas for a way to put a wrap around bridge on a telecaster?

I want to stay away from the conversion rings. I'll look into the lollar pickups.

Been down this path when trying to find a way to make a Tele feel like a Les Paul. You’re going to have a few issues:

The B5/B50 adapter plate has 5/8” stud holes spaced 3” apart center to center, so the distance from the outermost edges of the stud holes is 3-5/8” or 3.625”

The Warmoth Gotoh wraptail stud rout is 3.23” center to center with .421” diameter holes - distance from the outmost edges is 3.651”

All that to say it probably won’t fit, and the holes would have to be lined up dead center with the adapter plate holes. You do have enough room for the studs themselves, but the inserts will be partially underneath the plate.

If it doesn’t fit just right, you’ll be removing a bit of material from the adapter plate or doweling and redrilling the bridge holes yourself.

However, since you have a HB rout, you also need to know that a Tele bridge doesn’t fit inside of the HB cavity. Also, you’ll be able to see the ears of the HB rout sticking out of both sides of the bridge plate when you’re finished.

I would simply run a bright A3 humbucker in parallel at the bridge and call it a day if I were in your shoes, all that other stuff seems like a hassle to me!

Back