Tele on the way..

J.

Hi there,

This is my first post here, I've been lurking for a few years and am currently the happy owner of 2,5 Warmoth guitars. Well, maybe I should say I will be as the second "full" Warmoth build is still in progress, parts are here (neck arrived today) but not together, yet.

The Tele will be rather nice, I hope. I got inspiration from The Music Zoo Natural Charvels (http://www.themusiczoo.com/charvelguitars.htm#Naturals0), but because I am no longer a huge trem user, decided on fixed bridge. I was thinking of putting together a strat, but after looking at this for a few weeks in the Showcase my friends got bored of listening me going on about it every day and told me to buy it. So I did, cost me arm and both legs. This is the body (pic from Showcase):

T1289a.jpg

For a few days I thought about getting a neck made of some exotic wood to complement the body, but decided to stick with my original plan. Well ok I upped a bit and went for birdseye, and got a bit of flame as well...  :laughing7:

P1010580.jpg

P1010581.jpg

P1010578.jpg

I hope I don't mess up too bad setting up these pics, bear with me.

To top off the build I got a Gotoh tele bridge which I think will be slightly modified (you'll see), DiMarzio Virtual vintage pickups, Sperzel locking tuners, one volume pot and a 3-way switch. All hardware is black.

To be continued...

Perty perty. The fingerboard looks really light, but that is probably just the picture. Nice luck with the birdseye + flame!

Max said:
So, what kind of wood is that?

Koa. Those Koa Charvels at TMZ look so impressive I started to check out Koa bodies ot the Showcase. Shame all the strats (at least at that time) have trems routed. So I ended up with the tele.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

As I don't have much space or tools to tinker with finishing or the like, I took the body to a luthier who has worked on my guitars before. I did oil the neck myself however (danish oil, two coats) and dropped it in today. Earlier we agreed on finishing the body with a wax/oil combo, he has finished many guitars with it and recommended it. He did a test at under the neck plate area, I said yes and off he went. Well, today he had the body drying out, he had applied the second coat of wax the night before. Wow. The wood looks *really* gorgeous, all the grain just pops out in 3-D detail (also a few minor cracks that weren't visible in the raw wood). No pics I'm afraid, but the guitar should be finished in a week or so. Can't wait....  :icon_biggrin:

So, tele's been in working order for a couple of weeks, here's a teaser, I'll upload bunch of photos to the Tele Gallery right after I'm done writing this..  :icon_biggrin:

P1010592.jpg

Back