Tele deluxe with a trem question

mwbjr13

So I've been tossing around the idea of building a tele deluxe with a trem. I've decided on the specs, hardware and such but I'm still stuck on the look of the whole thing. I have a few ideas and I'm open to any more but I want to air out my ideas and see what ya'll think.
So here we go...
1) Alpine White body, black guard, rosewood fingerboard and gold hardware.
2) Fiesta Red body, pearl guard, maple or canary fingerboard and chrome hardware.
3) Flame maple top with Black Cherry Burst, blk/wht/blk guard, ebony fingerboard, chrome hardware and 3, count 'em 3, humbuckers.
The first two have slightly sentamental meanings to them but nothing so big tha I have to go with it.
Thanks

As for the gold, I happen to like gold on white....

But as to the OP's question, what kind of vibe are we going for here? Is this going to be a vintage tele deluxe style (but with some kind of trem), or a Floyd equipped shredder or what? :icon_scratch:

Fender did do a 6 hole trem as an option for Tele Deluxes, so it isn't that out there.  A Google images search may yield some.  As for a Floyd on one, Warmoth won't do it because they route the Tele Deluxe for the giant Fender humbuckers, and there's less realestate for the posts.

I'm gonna say #2, but I don't know about the pearl PG...

You must do black binding if you decide on #1. :)

So i think option 2 if you want vintage/ modern features. don't think anything vintage came
with gold parts (that could be your modern take) on the alpine white.
No 2 with Canary neck (around here they will recomend ss frets modern features good idea)
No deluxe came with 3 X buckers (modern take where does the switch go)?
Trem wise as Super Turbo says no floyd, i think most will talk you out of a 6 hole trem,
How about the Bladerunner http://www.super-vee.com/products.html
no experience with it but it looks vintage should be easier to fit  you will want locking tuners
too.
What specs & hardware are you going for? Don't see many Deluxes with trems go for it .
Good Luck

I had a feeling John5 that might crop up but...
mwbjr13 said:
I want a vintage"ish" looking but with modern parts.
Out of curiosity is the switch selection like an SG/LP custom?

Just checked the specs...
3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
Thanks rockskate4x

I had already planned on using either the Super-Vee super-vee or the bladerunner for my trem. If i went with the 3 humbuckers I would wire it like Framptons Les Paul. So the toggle would control the neck and bridge, which share a volume and tone, and then the middle would have its own volume and tone and I would just blend in the middle whenever it was needed. After tossing around the idea some more I think vintage is out. I'm not necessaraly a "modern" type player but I don't want to be limited by vintage parts or vintage thinking.

Back