Swamp Ash and Maple :)

mullyman said:
If you're going to take a shot outside do it in the shade.

'Tis true. Many people think a cloudy day is a Bad Thing, but I've found those to be the best for outside shots. It's full spectrum light, evenly applied at a higher intensity than most realize, and you rarely have shadows to deal with. Tough light to beat. Even camera phones will return good results under those conditions.

Cagey said:
mullyman said:

'Tis true. Many people think a cloudy day is a Bad Thing, but I've found those to be the best for outside shots. It's full spectrum light, evenly applied at a higher intensity than most realize, and you rarely have shadows to deal with. Tough light to beat. Even camera phones will return good results under those conditions.

Yep, and one thing people tend to not mention when they say "Take the pic outside", they forget to mention that if you're going to take it outside DO NOT take it during the middle of the day when the sun is blaring down. Take it in the early morning or the early evening when you have that soft sunlight.
MULLY

mullyman said:
Cagey said:
mullyman said:

Yep, and one thing people tend to not mention when they say "Take the pic outside", they forget to mention that if you're going to take it outside DO NOT take it during the middle of the day when the sun is blaring down. Take it in the early morning or the early evening when you have that soft sunlight.
MULLY

For a concrete example of this phenomenon, check out my black Tele - I shot these photos under a tree in my front yard one overcast morning last February.  The diffuse light really served me well.  Might as well get the most learning possible out of this win!

Peace

Bagman

One of the biggest secrets to flash is bounce it. Off as big a surface as you possibly can.

Back