Super-Vee drop in trem for strat

Sorry Orpheo, I couldn't get past the picture of the ugly locking nut to concentrate on the article. 

Geez...You might need more cowbell... :laughing11:

Fish said:
Sorry Orpheo, I couldn't get past the picture of the ugly locking nut to concentrate on the article. 

OK, I'm dying about this here.  Sorry to hijack the thread, but I've seen "cowbell" referenced multiple times.  Sorry to sound dumb, but what the hell is "cowbell?"

DocNrock said:
Fish said:

OK, I'm dying about this here.  Sorry to hijack the thread, but I've seen "cowbell" referenced multiple times.  Sorry to sound dumb, but what the hell is "cowbell?"

Watch this Doc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSkRHXTKlw

>>OK, I'm dying about this here.  Sorry to hijack the thread, but I've seen "cowbell" referenced multiple times.  Sorry to sound dumb, but what the hell is "cowbell?"

Description: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_cowbell

This link works, although it is not Youtube: http://webfeedcentral.com/2005/01/21/more-cowbell-video/

On the OP: I actually really like the look of the nut - much more than the FR nut. I don't really dive though so the extra money is without warrant for my next project

I still dont get the joke. maybe its something only americans will understand :) its I think like saying 'you're really a Jodokus Kwak' a dutch guy will understand, but someone else wont  (it means like you're really a dumb-ass, good-in-belief fellow).

Sorry guys.  I keep forgetting that this is an international message board and that some folks haven't seen Saturday Night Live or been farmiliar with some of their sketches and/or phrases that have kinda made it into our everyday verbage over here in the states.  Gotta make an effort be more aware.  Again, I apologize... :doh:

Fish said:
Sorry guys.  I keep forgetting that this is an international message board and that some folks haven't seen Saturday Night Live or been farmiliar with some of their sketches and/or phrases that have kinda made it into our everyday verbage over here in the states.  Gotta make an effort be more aware.  Again, I apologize... :doh:
buster you aint getting of the hook this easy :D I wanna know what it means :D :laughing7:

Orpheo said:
Fish said:
buster you aint getting of the hook this easy :D I wanna know what it means :D :laughing7:

Basically, the joke is that there is a band called blue oyster cult. In their song Don't Fear the Reaper from '76 they use a ton of cowbell. If you haven't seen VH1 (I am ALMOST positive you guys have VH1 over there but in case not) there is a show on it called "Behind the Music" that shows you how famous bands were formed, how they were discovered, and how they fell apart. SNL, a sketch comedy show that was actually funny in the '90s, had a skit that was a parody of Behind the Music and Blue Oyster Cult.

But, like Drex said, you really just need to watch the video: http://webfeedcentral.com/2005/01/21/more-cowbell-video/

Johnhamdun said:
Orpheo said:
Fish said:

Basically, the joke is that there is a band called blue oyster cult. In their song Don't Fear the Reaper from '76 they use a ton of cowbell. If you haven't seen VH1 (I am ALMOST positive you guys have VH1 over there but in case not) there is a show on it called "Behind the Music" that shows you how famous bands were formed, how they were discovered, and how they fell apart. SNL, a sketch comedy show that was actually funny in the '90s, had a skit that was a parody of Behind the Music and Blue Oyster Cult.

But, like Drex said, you really just need to watch the video: http://webfeedcentral.com/2005/01/21/more-cowbell-video/

nop, no VH1 :) only BBC1, BBC2, BBCworld and CNN (when it comes to english speaking channels).

I have created a monster, by mentioning cowbell........

.....my parents would be proud.

Favorite line:  I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like anyone, except after my pants are on, I make gold records.

My favorite line,  "Babies, when I'm done with you, you'll all be wearing gold plated diapers...."  Christopher Walken is hysterical is that sketch... :laughing11:

Sir SchmoopY said:
I have created a monster, by mentioning cowbell........

.....my parents would be proud.

Favorite line:  I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like anyone, except after my pants are on, I make gold records.

no the other one:

I know I'm selfish! I checked it lately, but there are very little songs for cowbell! bruce says we have to have more cowbell, and with more cowbell, I MAKE OUR HIT!!

something like this  :toothy10:

OK, now I see the reference.  :toothy12:

I'm here in the good ol' US of A, but I'm just old, so I miss a lot of late night TV.  I am a BOC fan, however.  I'm assuming the character played by Will Farrell is the Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden, playing the role of a producer.

DocNrock said:

I'm here in the good ol' US of A, but I'm just old, so I miss a lot of late night TV.  I am a BOC fan, however.  I'm assuming the character played by Will Farrell is the Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden, playing the role of a producer.

How old are you  ???

Sir SchmoopY said:
DocNrock said:

How old are you  ???

Back