Sunset Orange Mustang

It is visible to me but I can also see how one might not see it also. Can you feel a difference?

I always find it difficult to feel anything about a neck before the strings are on it. I suppose I could convince myself there's a difference.

I'm also concerned about the state of the fretboard near the nut. One side of the board seems to have been sanded far more aggressively than the other, resulting in a lopsided board. This isn't the case on my two other Warmoth necks. Is this just normal variation?

1J9jt4q.jpg

jeQuQLx.jpg

Photos can sometimes give odd perspective so I would not want to evaluate. If anything it looks more like a lopsided nut to me but I see what you mean could be a possibility.

Warmoth sales are who you should contact.

Well Warmoth got back to me very promptly to let me know it's likely to be fine so I'm also systems go. I had today off work so decided to get started.

cqltQJX.jpg

The only thing left to do is the wiring and screwing in the pickguard and control plate. I need to decide whether to:
  • split the coils, which is apparently not recommended because there'd be a volume difference between the covered and exposed poles (but I'm not sure I believe it'd be a big enough difference to matter)
  • do parallel/series, which I can't figure out how I'd do with the 3-ways except by connecting a coil permanently to hot out
  • just simple humbucker on/off and only worrying about extra options if I decide I need them later as rewiring is easy

I'm leaning toward option 3.

Back