Sunburst finish - airbrush or spray gun?

Looking at the specs it goes upto 175 L/m = 6 cfm ,If you can try at your GFs Dad shop
no expense to get a feel for this & a booth doesn't get any better. :glasses10:

Cagey said:
Another nice thing about having a compressor in the garage is you can do other things besides paint with it.

That makes me want one even more! Ill be moving house soon, and that would come in very handy! :)

leo12. said:
Looking at the specs it goes upto 175 L/m = 6 cfm ,If you can try at your GFs Dad shop
no expense to get a feel for this & a booth doesn't get any better. :glasses10:

I'm not 100% what you just said...so of I got a 2hp compressor that would give me about 6cfm? Or are you best to go over what you need to your not I the red all the time...this might just be my sound engineer head coming into play, and it doesn't matter?

Your gun will tell you the CFM requirements. If you go under the requirement listed your compressor will not supply enough air to get the job done. Translate to the surface; the gun will start spitting and that is really bad when your spraying a burst. Translated to the compressor; it will run constantly and wind up burning out. 

Tonar8353 said:
Your gun will tell you the CFM requirements. If you go under the requirement listed your compressor will not supply enough air to get the job done. Translate to the surface; the gun will start spitting and that is really bad when your spraying a burst. Translated to the compressor; it will run constantly and wind up burning out. 

So I'm best getting a 3hp compressor to give me head room and still enough pressure. This stuff is confusing. :)

He's saying the gun is the demand or load. That's how you determine the minimal size your compressor needs to be. You have to at least meet the demand, or the gun won't work properly. It's best if your compressor exceeds the demand, so you don't make the compressor work too hard and wear/fail prematurely.

OK I'll re link the specs  I found
http://www.sagola.com/index.php?zon=car&pro=15&num=7
checking the 2nd last blue highlighted box  "Consumo aria"
I used "google Translate" It detected it as Italian & "Air Comsumption " in L/min
Using a L/min conversion on the net it came out as 6 (.small I would have to re check)
CFM.
So a 2.5hp compressor would run that gun, but having a larger tank capacity is a bonus
over s smaller tank with the same HP motor for challenging jobs.

Back