Stunning? you judge. Better pics added!

Part-Time

OK. On my last post I asked If Warmoth would met my expectations. I must say they exceeded it.
The body is flawless, no dust, holes perfect, dye is even, binding masked perfect. Slight mismatch on book matching the flame maple top. But I find it acceptable.
The neck is also perfect, I checked the fret level and it was 100% flat. Slight dust in clear near frets, this is also ok. The nut is really poorly finished but I can fix that with some ebony paper. The fret ends are nicely nipped and have been smoothed out, I will just do some very minor finish filing.

Highlights, the binding is like a 2 step process, it looks super cool up close. The burst ends just before the binding., on the neck all the different pieces of wood match extremely well, I wonder if this is deliberate or just a lucky accident. Abalone inlays are outstanding, All unique. The body is exceedingly light in weight. I really like how they installed the Tremolo Nut, super tight!

I will post pictures as I assemble in the next category. BTW I will not be installing the EMGs, they were just laying around for the picture

The packaging was perfect too.

It's going to be  a knockout .  As far as the perfect bookmatch .. those are rare , even PRS doesn't get it right many times.

my neck is just like that.. um, er, it was before the scallop ..
great minds think alike. 

What do you think of the Wilkinson trem? Do you use it for divebombs, heavy vibrato, etc.?

I for one do not care for the flame maple top look because most are not symmetrical, which I specifically looked for in mine, but yours looks pretty damn close.  Very nice body.  Congrats.

greywolf said:
It's going to be  a knockout .  As far as the perfect bookmatch .. those are rare , even PRS doesn't get it right many times.
My book match is nearly perfect, not a complaint, just an observation, I have never seen nicer flame in person though, and I have worked on $10k + guitars
big bob said:
great minds think alike.  
The neck is ridiculous, I have set up a G&L Commanche for a guy who could not play, his neck was almost as cool, mine looks more creamy with a lot of reflection in the grains
Mapleg4 said:
What do you think of the Wilkinson trem? Do you use it for divebombs, heavy vibrato, etc.?
I personally love them, once you learn to get the set up right and rebuild them they are super reliable. This guitar is not built for radical playing. Just rock, blues, with solid lead capabilities I wanted a low maint looker. Fender Super bullet strings make  a world or difference on them, they add mass and dont break ever. I also like it for string bending, allows me to move the string a lot more.

Looks great but you just had to put EMG's in there didn't you...

Part-Time said:
greywolf said:
My book match is nearly perfect, not a complaint, just an observation, I have never seen nicer flame in person though, and I have worked on $10k + guitars
big bob said:
great minds think alike.  
The neck is ridiculous, I have set up a G&L Commanche for a guy who could not play, his neck was almost as cool, mine looks more creamy with a lot of reflection in the grains
Mapleg4 said:
I personally love them, once you learn to get the set up right and rebuild them they are super reliable. This guitar is not built for radical playing. Just rock, blues, with solid lead capabilities I wanted a low maint looker. Fender Super bullet strings make  a world or difference on them, they add mass and dont break ever. I also like it for string bending, allows me to move the string a lot more.

What do you mean by "rebuilding them"?

Rouse said:

Read this rouse.

Part-Time said:
BTW I will not be installing the EMGs, they were just laying around for the picture

Love the guitar dude!  :kewlpics:

BTW after this, it's official.  My next Warmoth WILL be blue.  All these awesome blue guitars being built are giving me GAS for one.

Rouse said:
I do a lot of electrical and set up work for a few local shops. I have somany EMGs laying around I can Brick a house, Lots of Dimarzios too. Rest assured I will be putting in a custom set of Bare Knuckles Pickups and some Guru wiring

[/quote]
What do you mean by "rebuilding them"? Wilky
[/quote]

I completely disassmble them and clean all the burrs from the allen screws, reinstall with thread lock. I remove the brass nut an install a larger one that can be easily retightened. I also put threadlock on it. Every time I get one to work on they are loose as hell, people get frustrated because the can't figure out why its so noisy or will not tune. I also Highly recomend the Fender bullets, they add more mass.

Part-Time said:
Rouse said:
I do a lot of electrical and set up work for a few local shops. I have somany EMGs laying around I can Brick a house, Lots of Dimarzios too. Rest assured I will be putting in a custom set of Bare Knuckles Pickups and some Guru wiring
What do you mean by "rebuilding them"? Wilky
[/quote]

I completely disassmble them and clean all the burrs from the allen screws, reinstall with thread lock. I remove the brass nut an install a larger one that can be easily retightened. I also put threadlock on it. Every time I get one to work on they are loose as hell, people get frustrated because the can't figure out why its so noisy or will not tune. I also Highly recomend the Fender bullets, they add more mass.
[/quote]

So in your opinion a Wilkinson straight out of the box is useless? You need to "rebuild" it?

Back