String Trees, Telecasters, and Barbara Mandrell.

19961_ZF_Telecaster_NOS_HS_MN_BBL_XN8663_c.jpg

19961_ZF_Telecaster_NOS_HS_MN_BBL_XN8663_1.jpg

@sixstringsamurai – Funny you should mention Bakersfield... I was looking into the songs of Tommy Collins a couple of months ago, and found that he had played a role in creating the "Bakersfield Sound," that mix of country and rock in original songs coming from transplants from OK living up in Bakersfield in '50s and '60s. Found this site. Perhaps you know it...? Worth checking out, esp. for the bits and pieces and places of that scene that still exist. Here's Tommy in '66 playing one of his hits from the '50s. Tele sighting somewhere in the middle:

[youtube]NkFS-yq6XLo[/youtube]

Glimmer said:
All this Tele talk and I forgot to share a pick of mine:

YD7DAzR.jpg

It's a '64, alder body, maple/rw neck, in oly white with a forearm sweatburst accented by dings, dents, gouges and chips of a various sizes and a generous dose of buckle rash on the back. It wasn't relicked, aged, or distressed, just played and not fussed over. Currently strung with Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Swing 12s.

:glasses10:

Glimmer this thing is seriously bad ass. Love it.

I love how this has turned into a campaign to get vikingred to build a Tele! Twang and Band baby!

If he don't get a Tele, how's he ever gonna release his inner twanger?  :icon_jokercolor:

I know he'd make it a thing of beauty based on other work of his we've seen here. Love to see what he'd make of it.

(Love to get another one myself, with some Lollar CC pups...  :glasses10: )

Here is a Tele type with a Trem and a wood burnt body. Not a strat or Hiwatt in sight.

[youtube]hAIj1np7Dho[/youtube]

You summoned the Mandrell name LOL

sixstringsamurai said:
TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Yup, Saturday afternoons in our house started off with HeeHaw, then the Barbara Mandrell Show, then Donny & Marie!
First Off... Sorry about the thread Hijack....
Mmmm...Barb Mandrell....
One hot country biscuit that could pick the hell outta a pedal steel.
I think she was my first TV lady crush.
[youtube]x2M_J16z9sk[/youtube]

Barbara Mandrell rocked.  And yes, I'm going to plan to do a TeleBASTARD of some sort after the new year.  The maple soloist I'm working on now is going to be epic, I believe.

Surf n Music said:
I love how this has turned into a campaign to get vikingred to build a Tele! Twang and Band baby!

Meh, all those fancy la-da-la neck pickups you never use, build yourself a Esquire!

11036600_794115187374096_7439307285664774803_n.jpg

amigarobbo said:
Surf n Music said:

Meh, all those fancy la-da-la neck pickups you never use, build yourself a Esquire!

11036600_794115187374096_7439307285664774803_n.jpg

Heh.  My strat fest is ending...with this soloist I just dropped off to my local luthier.  He's going to install the fabled Schaller Hannes bridge for me.  Then, once all these other projex are done, I will build a telebastard but that onlong oval plate on the side and that back bridge plate look like SHITE, so imma do it my way.  Maybe rob a lil bit from the new guy's telebastard idea.  But yeah.  :laughing7:

Back