String-thru routing for 4-string

Have you guys found a replacement for the Gotoh 206?  Might I suggest the '51 P-Bass routing.  I don't know the legal requirements for licensing and routing, but being liscensed to reproduce Fender specs, does doing this bridge route fall under that license?  It is also the same routing as the newer American Standard 3-bolt string-thru bridges, which means the Leo Quan Badass III and any replacement bridge for a newer American Standard or Deluxe Bass would also fit.  It may mean offering a routing you don't sell a bridge for, but that's fine.  Right?

Below are the Badass III and the '51 P-Bass for comparison.

BadassIII.jpg
StingBass.jpg

Interesting. What's with that angled string pull from the Fender bridge? Part of the vintage mojo?

We're always looking for good bass bridges. It's hard to find ones that fit our production needs that are quality made with good plating and reliable distribution. In the picture you have there, the Badass saddles don't look very nice and the finish doesn't look so hot.

We do have a new 5/6 string-thru bridge to introduce hopefully soon if all goes right. I don't think there's a 4 string version coming but I need to check again on that.

Gregg said:
Interesting. What's with that angled string pull from the Fender bridge? Part of the vintage mojo?

On the A and D strings?  I don't know, I didn't notice that before.

The quality of the Leo Quan, that was just to show that there's other bridges for that route.  The American Standard bridge also works, as well as any aftermarket replacement for the newer American Standard.

Thanks for the reply, and what are you doing up so late?  It's almost 2 a.m. here, and I'm cooking a Turkey.

Must be a by-product of playing bars for years on end....you become a nocturnal animal.  Crud...am I suppose to be cooking the Turkey already???!!!!!!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be examining them both further.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gregg said:

these are angled (the E/A string saddle in the image is installed backwards BTW) to provide better intonation capabilities over the Fender originals. since you are sharing a saddle with two strings, intonation originally was a compromise between the two strings. the angled saddle helps to provide better accuracy by building in the needed offset so you compromise less

all the best,

R

SkuttleFunk said:
Gregg said:

these are angled (the E/A string saddle in the image is installed backwards BTW) to provide better intonation capabilities over the Fender originals. since you are sharing a saddle with two strings, intonation originally was a compromise between the two strings. the angled saddle helps to provide better accuracy by building in the needed offset so you compromise less

all the best,

R

Not the saddle angle....the string through hole to the saddle groove is a different angle than the string headed towards the neck. (A and D strings)

Or is it that the saddles are set exaggerated ie. E set very low, A set very high, D set very high, G set very low ? :icon_scratch:

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Have you guys found a replacement for the Gotoh 206?  Might I suggest the '51 P-Bass routing.  I don't know the legal requirements for licensing and routing, but being liscensed to reproduce Fender specs, does doing this bridge route fall under that license?  It is also the same routing as the newer American Standard 3-bolt string-thru bridges, which means the Leo Quan Badass III and any replacement bridge for a newer American Standard or Deluxe Bass would also fit.  It may mean offering a routing you don't sell a bridge for, but that's fine.  Right?

Below are the Badass III and the '51 P-Bass for comparison.

BadassIII.jpg
StingBass.jpg
Any progress on this?  It's almost new bass time again.

There are a bunch of things in the works.  Unfortunately, I don't have specifics to offer at this time.

Is there a ball park?  I did an order a year ago, and was told their might be a replacement within a year.  I do realize might also means might not.  I can get a bridge elsewhere, can ya'll atleast do the route?

Back