Strat with Warmoth Headstock?

JaySwear

not sure if this'll really get any replies, as i've searched the board and haven't found anything; BUT i was wondering. what would a strat style body look like with a warmoth headstock? i guess it would be pretty close to a soloist with a warmoth headstock, which i think is awesome. just curious if anybody's got one or has seen one

PS maybe i can get Max to do his patented fantasy guitar mock-up  :icon_biggrin:  hint hint Max

thanks everybody!

I have seen one or two like that and somehow it doesn't look right to me.
on the other hand, it looks great on a soloist.. don't ask why  :dontknow:

but yeah, Max needs to get his lazy ass out of bed..  he must be bored to death with School being closed.

warmothstrat.jpg

Happy?

Back to bed now.

for some reason I can't really tell what a guitar looks like unless I can see all of it at the same time and if it's horizontal...

warmothstrat.jpg

looks cool to me, but doesn't really work for me because there's too many other strat-ish things on the body that make me think that it should just have the strat headstock. If you had no pickguard, different pickups, different controls, bridge, etc - that would make it look less like a traditional strat, then it could work.

GoDrex said:
for some reason I can't really tell what a guitar looks like unless I can see all of it at the same time and if it's horizontal...

EXACT same for me. and it drives me crazy when people take a picture of a right handed guitar from a left handed perspective, too  :laughing11:

and yeah, without the pickguard it could be pretty damn cool, but that body just kind of screams strat neck. i've been searching the few sites for making kisekae guitars and stuff, but can't find one with a good selection of headstocks

The nontrad strats/teles can look great with a W head; trad ones need the trad head. I'm considering a W head for my next tele.

I'm somewhat of a Strat purist, but i honestly think that the Stat body only looks good with a headstock that has all 6 tuners to one side rather than 3-3 or 4-2 configurations.

I like the way it looks.  I was thinking of making a VIP with a V headstock myself.  I like the way the V headstocks look.

JaySwear said:
it drives me crazy when people take a picture of a right handed guitar from a left handed perspective, too  :laughing11:

I know it - a bunch of times people here have taken pictures of their guitars upside down and it always bugs me.

I did it...but I'm changing it...but I don't think it looked too bad.  

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=6845.0

I put the neck on a VIP, and have a canary Strat neck coming for it.  :laughing7:

Back