Hi all,

A week ago, I bought an used 98' Warmoth Strat, Walnut wood mounted with
SCN pickups.

Here is the monster (4kgs...) :

IMG_6108.JPG

IMG_6109.JPG

IMG_6107.JPG

It sounds fantastic to my ears, I am so happy with it  :headbang:

coming mods ?  perhaps other neck and middle pickups. I have lace and Hot rails in stock but I am more looking for texas special ...

thanx guys,

beefy, right ....    exactly what I want !  I play with 11-49 EXL115 strings mostly  halfstep down.

Fantastic find! Congrats. How would you describe how it sounds in the world of strats? I've considered a walnut body.

musicispeace said:
Fantastic find! Congrats. How would you describe how it sounds in the world of strats? I've considered a walnut body.

Thanx for your comment

Sorry for the delay of my answer... :redflag:
Concerning the sound , I am not luthier nor a professional musician  :icon_jokercolor:. So i will only give you my feelings in comparison with my 2 others strat (88 plus, 70s squier vintage ).  I find the sound has less, how can I say  "definition" and sustain than my strat+. Does it belongs more to the neck or the body or both, i don't know. But it should not be the pickups. I've put the same electronic in both guitars (Lace sensors gold in neck and middle and SD Hot rail in bridge + RC circuits ). 
Briefly I like this strat for rock and... rock :icon_biggrin: for that kind of things it's awesome !!!. For Blues it's fine too. But for really clean funky songs i find my strat+ is a better choice.

On this guitar i have tried this pickups : SCN, Texas Special and Lace sensors Gold. The SCN are fine for it, but as I said i prefer to have two guitars with the same pickups (home, rehearsal).

Attachments

• PC310179 (2).JPG
    PC310179 (2).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 33
  • P1030195 (2).JPG
    P1030195 (2).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 31
Street Avenger said:
Looks nice but doesn't look like 98 feet.

Are you telling me that this is it?  This is scenery? Have you ever been to Fender? The Strats are...the Strats are twenty feet high. You can stand four men up them!

amigarobbo said:
Street Avenger said:

Are you telling me that this is it?  This is scenery? Have you ever been to Fender? The Strats are...the Strats are twenty feet high. You can stand four men up them!
It's true, it's all true

7913fc7f.jpg

ghotiphry said:
amigarobbo said:
Street Avenger said:

It's true, it's all true

7913fc7f.jpg

I was having a surreal moment for a bit...

I'm sure I'd feel worse if I wasn't so sedated.

:laughing11:  :laughing11:  :laughing11:

By the way, I don't care about your feet problems, as european / swiss I deal with the metric system    :icon_biggrin:    Ohhh, and  I speak french... So sorry, really sorry for all my english mistakes which can cause misunderstanding  !!!  :eek:ccasion14:

Heh.  Forgive me if I go too basic with this explanation.  You do know where the "feet" began, here?  If something is 5 feet 6 inches it is abbreviated (in English measurements) as 5' 6".  When you started the thread you said it was a 98', which was (intentionally) misinterpreted to 98 feet, as opposed to '98, which would be an abbreviation of the year 1998.

Beautiful guitar, by the way.  And welcome, welcome, welcome to the Warmoth forum.  The bunch can be sassy at times, but I've never seen any ill will here.  We're not poking fun at your expense, we're just having fun.

I understood my mistake when i saw the message from street avenger. And i have changed the title, but... too late :glasses9: anyway thank you for the explanation  :). Any correction will always  be welcome  :icon_thumright:

As electronic engineer i also have to deal ~daily with the imperial system ... :toothy11:

Cheers...  :eek:ccasion14:

Not to burst your bubble, as it is a beautiful Warmoth. But the Serial 0001 is just something someone had put on the plate. Warmoth doesn't serialize their parts...

DangerousR6 said:
Not to burst your bubble, as it is a beautiful Warmoth. But the Serial 0001 is just something someone had put on the plate. Warmoth doesn't serialize their parts...

Thank you for the input, I appreciate  :icon_thumright: !!    When I bought it I've asked the seller about the number and he says loosely that it was Warmoth "assembly service" who put the plate. At that time I knew nothing about Warmoth (almost same same today  :toothy11:) and anyway, since the plate number brings nothing to the sound, I don't care about it, like the  Fender sticker on the head...  :tard:

Especially, if you take in consideration  the fair price i've paid ... (a "good" but used Squier price )

:eek:ccasion14:

Back