Electronics:

Vintage noisless pickups
Fishman piezo bridge with signal mixer

Current stage:

pict1461.jpg

pict1462.jpg

pict1464.jpg

pict1465.jpg

Next task on the body is rounding edges, making comfort contours, routing battery box cavity etc. Than will proceed with finishing.

To be continued...

Def. curious to see (and hear-see: H4 post in off topic) how this pans out.
Have you used the fishman set up before? I've considered a build with the RMC peizo/synth system..would be nice to have a peize/synth-ready one around...

No, it's my first attemt with piezo. I have heard Fishman piezo bridge in MMJP guitar and it's cool so i hope it will work with this Strat.

since that's a non warmoth body you might wanna do a dry build with bridge and tuners and the two e strings just to be sure that everything is square. Nice project  :icon_thumright:

No, no, just read my first post under the picks. In fact i've rouded edges, routed battery box cavity and forearm cut today. Tomorrow i will go on with belly cut.

@ rockskate4x: Sure, i will dry check bridge positon b4 finishing.

rockskate4x said:
since that's a non warmoth body you might wanna do a dry build with bridge and tuners and the two e strings just to be sure that everything is square. Nice project  :icon_thumright:

For the love of God, do this! Trust me...  :tard:

Seriously though, nice project.

Yes, i will mount two E strings to check bridge position b4 finishing. :headbang1:

What tools for comfort contours? The most basic hand-operated rasps, than sanding paper on a block. Straight block for forearm cut and a cuvred one for belly cut. It's time consuming and trains your muscles but works well.

You fellas aren't doubting the WOJ,  are you?  Have you seen his other scratch built guitars?  I think he's got the idea down.  Nice one WOJ, as usual, can't wait to see it progress.

woj74 said:
Sorry, i'm Polish and don't understand USACG abbreviation.  :icon_scratch:

It looked like a non Warmoth Tele neck.  USACG is USA Custom Guitars, also in Puyallup, WA.  They are not Fender licensed, hence close but no cigar headstock shapes.

No, it's a Polish neck made by my friend. In fact he made it as a pre-shaped one. Than i finished the job and installed frets. It will be sprayed together with the Strat neck and will wait for another project.

Ok, edges rounded, battery box pocket routed, comfort contours sculpted.

pict1471.jpg

pict1470d.jpg

And finally bridge position test  :icon_thumright:
Done with a long aluminium bar instead of placing two strings.

pict1467.jpg

pict1468t.jpg

Update

1 coat of poliester filler&sealer&killer  :icon_scratch:
pict1475.jpg

and finally 3 thin coats of color base
pict1478.jpg

It's time for clear coats

oh, it wasn't really cool to chose "the one" color. I've ben given a book of red color samples...168 different shades  :icon_scratch: Spent almost 1 hour on making decission. ???

But finally it's like that. I also used a secret formula of adding a bit of innocent virgin blood, but hush it's a secret. :evil4:

I've already sprayed clear coats. It cures before sading and final buffing.

pict1494.jpg

Back