Strat for sale

stratplayer1

NEW PRICE: $800 + shipping, Also have a 1987 laney pro tube lead 100 watt head AOR series for sale asking $500 for it

Built about two years ago and hasn't seen much play time. its candy tangerine with maple neck and a gloss finish. Dimarzio super distortion and PAF pro pickups, only control is a single volume knob. OFR with treml-no, perfect condition. Asking $800 + shipping first reasonable offer takes it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
http://img707.imageshack.us/i/003wos.jpg/
http://img571.imageshack.us/i/010lex.jpg/

Some of things i have for sale can be seen here
http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/msg/2264646801.html

Thanks for looking

I think at $1000 you're asking price is a little high - and not everyone's big on candy tangerine shred machines.  While we do have a lot of registered users,  the number who regularly participate is considerably smaller.  You may be better off hitting eBay - they won't give you a thousand bucks either, but at least it will sell.

peace

Bagman

true, also I'd be shocked if I got $1000 for it, just a starting point as it cost me about 1200 to put it together. I'm in no hurry to sell so I'm gonna try and hold off on ebay.

I'm not interested in buying it, but that is a slick guitar.  It's worth more than the market will probably give you, at least in my eyes.

-Mark

I'm not interested in buying it, but that is a slick guitar.  It's worth more than the market will probably give you, at least in my eyes.

-Mark

Thanks,

Standard advice- part it out.

I'd rather keep it or just wait until someone makes a reasonable offer

If your in no hurry to sell it, raise the price.

Many here are here for the build and not just the guitar, Half the fun is ordering the parts and putting it together.

I agree with Apiori. It's a slick looking sexy bitch, I'd love to build one just like it, even if it cost me more to build it, than your selling it for. But someone on E-Bay might bite, and I hope they do.

Alfang said:
If your in no hurry to sell it, raise the price.

Many here are here for the build and not just the guitar, Half the fun is ordering the parts and putting it together.

I agree with Apiori. It's a slick looking sexy bitch, I'd love to build one just like it, even if it cost me more to build it, than your selling it for. But someone on E-Bay might bite, and I hope they do.

All true. These things are part labor of love, and part desire for exact configuration. There's no way to make money on them unless somebody else buys the parts and pays you to put them together, and even then I can't imagine charging anyone more than $100 to do that. Maybe a little more if fret dressing and setup is to be done as well.

Reminds me of a line I heard somewhere:
"The best way to make a small fortune in guitars, is to start with a large fortune."

I hope you find a seller, but this may be a tough crowd for that.

no doubt, I did have a lot of fun putting it together and playing it for the first time was very rewarding.

Insert Quote
"The best way to make a small fortune in guitars, is to start with a large fortune."

hah that is a valid point, even at my first asking price Its selling for less than the parts cost me.

Watershed said:

Hehe! Good one. Have to remember it. I was just re-lining one of the drawers in my tool chest to put all my guitar-specific files, rules, straightedges, calipers, levelers, etc. and had that very thought. Not that I set out to make any money working on guitars, but lord knows I sure have spent a lot on tools.

Cagey said:
Watershed said:

Hehe! Good one. Have to remember it. I was just re-lining one of the drawers in my tool chest to put all my guitar-specific files, rules, straightedges, calipers, levelers, etc. and had that very thought. Not that I set out to make any money working on guitars, but lord knows I sure have spent a lot on tools.

Yep, sounds familiar.
The day job helps, and the tools help to justify more guitars.
I'm like the UNESCO of guitar repair.
:laughing7:

Unfortunately, Warmoth's are often viewed as a collection of parts...used parts.

Nice one, I remember really digging that guitar when you initially built it.  No budget at the moment though so afraid I'm not going to volunteer to buy it right now...

It looks gorgeous, I remember loving that when I first saw it. However my guess is that you'll end up with no more than $700 based on my experience selling Ws. Not saying that's a "fair price" but that's probably what the market will bear which is all that matters.  If it were a trashed, stock, American standard strat, you'd get more.

Back