Strat body for my first Warmoth

Looks great, the showcase photos are taken so that you can see the whole guitar and not a bunch of reflections and such. In stage lighting I assume things will pop!

I'm about to order a neck soon.. I have some hard times deciding whether to order Standard Thin or 59 Roundback. Do you think it would be safe to sand the 59 down, if I found it too thick? I have manual skills and it's going to be a raw neck, so no finishing needed after sanding. Anybody have tried reshaping neck?

I was wondering the same thing right after I ordered my boatneck, since I was afraid it would feel too big compared to the 17mm Wizard neck on the Ibanez I've been playing everyday for ten years. I found this :

- short video showing how a man reshapes a Warmoth Pro neck
- this topic on tdpri suggesting what kind of tools you can use to reshape the neck while keeping a straight profile along its length

In the end, when I got the boatneck, I did not feel the need to reshape it. Sure, it feels HUGE compared to what I am used to, but in a good way; a loveable chunk of wood that feels very comfortable.

I have never played a 59 roundback, but from my experience of going several sizes up at once and what I can read about the 59, I doubt you'll really feel the need to reshape it. Worst case, it can be done. So don't be afraid.

Death by Uberschall said:
No dots, no chrome  :icon_thumright:

Black hardware, ebony board, SS frets, Pau or Canary shaft, OH MY!!!  :eek:
I second that motion... :rock-on:

DangerousR6 said:
Death by Uberschall said:
No dots, no chrome  :icon_thumright:

Black hardware, ebony board, SS frets, Pau or Canary shaft, OH MY!!!  :eek:
I second that motion... :rock-on:
Third.  Although, a wenge neck is never really a bad choice...

Thanks all for your help and your advices. I've finally placed my order. I was wondering whether I should get fatter profile or not, but two factors determined my choice of Standard Thin:

• My hands are rather small.
  • I'm upgrading from Ibanez Super Wizard (17mm/.67 at first fret) - I think it's better to gradually go up in thickness.

Now the waiting begins....

Ordered neck specs:

Style: Stratocaster®
Construction: Warmoth Pro
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood: Pau Ferro
Fingerboard Wood: Ebony (Black)
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Back Shape: Standard thin
Fret Size: SS6150 (Stainless)
Tuner Ream: Schaller (25/64", 11/32")
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Scale: 25-1/2"
Fret #: 22
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Pre-Cut Installed String Nut: Earvana GraphTech White TUSQ
Inlays: No Inlay, Side Dots Only
Side Dots: Mother Of Pearl Side Dots

Yep your gunna love that neck  :headbang: ....... commonly known around here as  'sex on a stick'  :icon_biggrin:

Man thats gunna be a great build.
Lots of pic's please.

Wow, that was fast. After just a bit more than two weeks (!!!  :cool01: !!!) my custom ordered neck has been sent. Now only the long way across the ocean and customs clearance left. Prepare for photos next week.

Back