Strat body for my first Warmoth

endrju.m

Gosh! Warmoth made pieces look even better in real compared do how great they look in showcase photos.

Anyways, my first ever bought Warmoth part has finally arrived home :hello2:. Enjoy with me!

IMG_0954.png

Now I have to order a neck. I'm thinking about Pau Fero (shaft)/Ebony(fretboard) neck, as I'm looking for a maple(-ish) sounding neck but made from raw wood. Anyone has that combo here (alder body, pau ferro/ebony neck)? If so, please share some sound samples (I won't judge playing, promise).

Wow, is that the body that was posted in the GAS thread? Anyway, it's absolutely stunning.

As for a raw neck with a tone close to maple, I think canary and pau ferro are indeed in order. No idea about ebony, though.

That is a stunning piece of quilt, and a beautiful finish to bring it out! Very, very nice!

I want to build a versatile guitar, to not have to drag couple axes for smaller gigs. Below is my current concept for that body. The only question in my mind is "To Pau Ferro, or to not Pau Ferro"...

pau_ferro_ebony.png

ps. Yes.. Call me crazy, but I've even photoshopped strings to have whole picture..

An Ebony over Pau Ferro neck with stainless steel frets is a truly wonderful thing. I have one here, and it's one of my favorites. The feel is sublime, even if you don't polish it up but especially so if you do, and the sound is perfect. Then, of course Ebony matches with anything and doesn't draw attention away from such things as magical bodies like you have there. Get one without face dots - they look even nicer. Trust me; you don't need them.

Indeed. Very classy. Might even be better with black or gold hardware. Chrome is a bit cold for a brown body.

I seem to like black HW, as I think it draws less attention to itself.

But regardless of what you do, I think it's pure win!

Have I missed something, is there such a thing as a whole guitar builder on Warmoth now? Or is that photoshopped or something...

Nice body by the way!!!

Photoshopped  :icon_thumright:

Can only do some bodies on the builder, as yet.

Great looking guitar too, love the No inlay neck (photoshop) looks bloody great  :toothy10:

My vote is for no dots.

My vote is also for you packing that sucker up and sending it to my house, where I can give it the love it truly deserves.  Beautiful axe you got planned there.

I think chrome or black hardware work well. But, of course the Wilkinson only offers satin.

Gold is too distracting in my opinion.  :doh:

Back