Stop it........

Gregg said:
Imbuia back, Ipe fingerboard - I have been staring intently at this neck.....it is so nice......maybe I need it....

Gregg you know that x-rated material is not allowed......
1074.gif

Gregg said:
Imbuia back, Ipe fingerboard - I have been staring intently at this neck.....it is so nice......maybe I need it....

Forum members get a discount right........ :laughing7:

NonsenseTele said:
How is the tone of Imbuia Gregg?
Heard from a luthier here in Brazil that he played in a full Imbuia guitar and it was beautifull, but completely muddy... But don't know how much I can trust him, kind of "I'm the master" attitude (was a guitar from other luthier)

I heard it sounds like chicken.

No finish required, but you can put one on it. Like Canary in that respect.

Gregg said:

???

EDIT: Didn't tried to be a jerk, just heard that stuff from a dick-head luthier and though it was a way that he used to speak bad things from a luthier that he would not be able do speak "He doesn't know how to build a guitar", like he use to do...
Would really like to know how it sounds

DangerousR6 said:
Same thing happened with the tele that I was watching, but it was in the showcase a bit longer b4 someone snatched it up...It was the body I used in my virtualultimate tele thread...
2397962684_b4280f0c33.jpg

Doug, I am not a tele guy, but THAT is badass!

NonsenseTele said:
Gregg said:

???

EDIT: Didn't tried to be a jerk, just heard that stuff from a dick-head luthier and though it was a way that he used to speak bad things from a luthier that he would not be able do speak "He doesn't know how to build a guitar", like he use to do...
Would really like to know how it sounds

"Sounds like chicken" as in "tastes like chicken" as in I have no idea what it sounds like.  It sure "feels" good though!  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
Same thing happened with the tele that I was watching, but it was in the showcase a bit longer b4 someone snatched it up...It was the body I used in my virtualultimate tele thread...
2397962684_b4280f0c33.jpg

Doug, I am not a tele guy, but THAT is badass!
Thank you, now bow to my greatness..... :toothy12:

I'm not much of a tele fan either, but I like that one..I'm photochoppin' together another one right now. Gonna be a custom lam-top.Don't know if I'll do the 5 single coils or not, but it's gonna be kick ass either way....

May do something along the lines of this.....It's the Metalli-caster.... :headbang1:
May use maple for fretboard or Ipe, either way will have  skull and crossbone inlays.....
2495369119_a3f4136d98.jpg

That would rock with black pups and black binding...how about a macassar ebony fingerboard?  How'zabout EMGs?  Have 'em rout a battery box in the back.

DocNrock said:
That would rock with black pups and black binding...how about a macassar ebony fingerboard?  How'zabout EMGs?  Have 'em rout a battery box in the back.
I thawt about EMG's, but I've kinda taken a liken to the lace Sensor Hot Gold's. Would probably go with the black Hot Gold's if I did black hardware....No ebony, not a flavor of mine...Seen some Brazilian rosewood I like, but I'm still leaning towards birdseye maple...... :headbang:

Common Names for Ipe:
Ipe wood is known by many names: Ipe Brazil, Amapa, cortex, Guayacan, Flor Amarillo, Greenheart, Madera negra, Tahuari, Lapacho negro. It has a number of trade names: Ironwood™, Pau Lope™ & Brazilian Walnut... these are commercial names given to Ipe lumber by large Brazilian exporters

Doug posted his Ipe too quickly.  I was referring to the one he posted above that.

By the way Doug, your tele has that "hair of the dog" thing goin' on!  :headbang:

DocNrock said:
Doug posted his Ipe too quickly.  I was referring to the one he posted above that.

By the way Doug, your tele has that "hair of the dog" thing goin' on!  :headbang:
The one above the Ipe is Brazilian Rosewood.....I found some pao farro I like too....."Now you're messin with a Son-of-a-bitch......." :party07:

Back