STOLEN!! UPDATE! Insurance money on its way.

"I read somewhere you're allowed to defend your property with lethal force in Australian law... so booby trapping your car with poison gas is OK.  Not sure if it's true"

booby trapped with live Dingos is more like it! Ask Fay Dunaway

Brian

Why not post an ad in Craigslist saying "Wanted - Green guitar" and go into some story about how you need a green guitar because you are a Roughriders fan, or something like that?  You never know - whoever has it is probably desperate to unload it and probably not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Just an idea...

R

red king said:
Why not post an ad in Craigslist saying "Wanted - Green guitar" and go into some story about how you need a green guitar because you are a Roughriders fan, or something like that?  You never know - whoever has it is probably desperate to unload it and probably not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Just an idea...

R

Darn. That's not just an idea, that's one helluva idea.

:eek:ccasion14:

Yeah, that just might work!  Won't he be surprised when you come over to look at the guitar... with the full force of the RCMP behind you.  :laughing7:

Sorry to hear about that. Must be gutted.
My mum and myself once took my brothers VERY expensive Rickenbacker home for him form a gig. We left it in the back of the cab, and the cabbie bought it back about 30 mins later.....we have not told him ! Cabbie got a nice tip though.

My brothers other guitar was not so lucky- he also left it in the back of a cab (this really isn't common, just...). Anyway, the cabbie didn't return it, so I posted a few ads up the local classifieds, looking for a guitar just like his. He had scratched his name in the head so it would have been easy to spot. I got a few calls, but none where his. It's a good way to get them to come to you.

If I ever caught someone stealing my stuff....I'd steal their ability to see/walk/talk. Their choice. Thieves are pretty low on the ladder to me.

Hope you get her back!

If I ever caught someone stealing my stuff....I'd steal their ability to see/walk/talk. Their choice. Thieves are pretty low on the ladder to me.

[/quote]

some guy here stole my coat at school one day. I caught him IN MY COAT the next day. I beat the crap out of him. (me and a friend of mine actually :D )

Insurance Money is in!

I'm going to make a few changes so I need an opinion.  My replacement is going to be the basically the same guitar. but instead of an all black neck. I"m going to have it the reverse of the body. w/ dragon burst on the back of the neck and trans green on the headstock. and since its hollow and I've discovered what I really like in my guitars. I've decided to do a real BFG instead of just a hollow LP.

SO...  I know that normally bfg's have the toggle on the upper "horn" and a tone/volume/killswitch on the bottom but I dont want the killswitch.  I think I"ll wire my HB to a Push/Push for series/parallel. but I'm just wondering what I need to do to properly wire up a P90 with a humbucker.  I keep hearing things about phase and polarity being messed up because of using a humbucker and a single coil together.

Help?

Not sure what you mean about phase and polarity.  You can use a P90 and a humbucker together, there won't be any problems.

Volitions Advocate said:
Insurance Money is in!

I'm going to make a few changes so I need an opinion.  My replacement is going to be the basically the same guitar. but instead of an all black neck. I"m going to have it the reverse of the body. w/ dragon burst on the back of the neck and trans green on the headstock. and since its hollow and I've discovered what I really like in my guitars. I've decided to do a real BFG instead of just a hollow LP.

SO...  I know that normally bfg's have the toggle on the upper "horn" and a tone/volume/killswitch on the bottom but I dont want the killswitch.  I think I"ll wire my HB to a Push/Push for series/parallel. but I'm just wondering what I need to do to properly wire up a P90 with a humbucker.  I keep hearing things about phase and polarity being messed up because of using a humbucker and a single coil together.

Help?

why not treat yourself with a neck that needs no finish? like wenge, padouk, rosewood, purpleheart? that sounds awesome, and feels so much better than lacquer.

I really liked the original. Looked great and it sounded great in the video. If I were to change anything, it would be putting a wenge neck on it. Glad you got some money back for that.

well I've decided to go with a Korina neck instead of a mahogany neck, but thats about it for change.  I can't spend too much money on upgrades, the insurance won't pay for it.

RE: DBW

Somebody told me that if I have a HB and a SC turned on together it would be out of phase because of there being an odd number of coils.  So i figured that must mean that theres a fancy way of wiring it or something.  Am I totally wrong?

I can't find any wiring diagrams for a HB and P90.

Well  - it's good that you now have some money for a replacement, but I guess it's kinda bittersweet, eh?

Throw yourself into the project and try to forget the low life who took the original.

Back