Standard Thin Profile for Maple 12-string Neck?

u.9

Obviously, this profile must be adequate since it's offered in the builder for any shaft wood, but would it be worth the added stability and cost to do the '59 Roundback on a maple neck/ebony board? The other no-upcharge profile is Boatneck which would be a baseball bat at 1-3/4". I'd like to stay at standard thin.

For reference, I have a 1-3/4" standard thin maple/ebony 6-string neck (modern construction) and it is about as large/thick as I want to go and extremely stable (no adjustment needed since initial setup 20 years ago!) Also, I rarely ever tune to concert pitch (usually Eb or D).

For reference, I have a 1-3/4" standard thin maple/ebony 6-string neck (modern construction) and it is about as large/thick as I want to go and extremely stable (no adjustment needed since initial setup 20 years ago!) Also, I rarely ever tune to concert pitch (usually Eb or D).
Obviously, this profile must be adequate
I'd like to stay at standard thin.
Yes, it is more than adequate. Stay with it.
would it be worth the added stability and cost to do the '59 Roundback on a maple neck/ebony board? The other no-upcharge profile is Boatneck which would be a baseball bat
No, not worth it based on the earlier criteria.

Back