Standard Fender Trem Q...

I was wondering what it is that makes some Tremolo's dive only and some full floating.  I own a Schector with a Floyd Rose full floating bridge, and on all the Srats I've ever played, their trems only go down.  This is actually what I'm looking for because I am planning on starting a first build here in a couple months.  But is it the recessed rout, or the type of bridge or what?

it depends on how much tension you've got on the springs in the back cavity... if you add more springs or tighten them up a bit you can make the bridge dive only.

I forgot to mention that there's a device called Tremol-no - http://www.tremol-no.com/ -  that lets you switch between floating, dive only and hardtail veyr quickly and easily. If changing tuning is what you need I'd definitely look into it.

Yeah I've heard of them, a fellow guitarist of mine has one.  What it all really comes down to in my case is price.  Im only 15, so I don't exactly have the greatest paycheck  :laughing7: And my project Im guessing is probably going to come out to 1500 dollars, so if I added a Floyd Rose, the locking nut, and the tremol-no that would add almost 200 dollars.  Eh, I'll figure it out.  Thanks for the info though I really appreciate it.  :rock-on:

The Tremol-no is well worth the investment, and opens up many options to the floating trem user that aren't otherwise available.

Back