Spalted maple telecaster - 1st project

Patch

My first project.  The guitar certainly exceeded my expectations. Thanks to the fellas at Warmoth for their guidance...very professional, courteous service. Promised delivery in 9 weeks and arrived after 7.
One piece black korina body and black korina neck. Spalted maple (Gregg said it would be exceptional and he wasn't kidding!). Macassar ebony fretboard with gold frets.
All gold hardware. Recessed Gotoh tune-o-matic. Gotoh tuners with ebony tops. Joe Barden pickups (amazing!). Plays like butter with a clearly defined sound, thanks to the Bardens.
The range of tones is quite dramatic.... crystal clear twang to creamy overdriven sounds depending on amp settings. The process was rewarding, and fun. Doubt if I'll ever buy a guitar
"off the shelf" again!

Attachments

• Tele_Spalt.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 888
my condolances. You will, for 100% sure, never go back to regular, 'off the shelf' guitars! :D

that guitar is VERY cool! congrats, and my that guitar age gracefully :)  (i.e.: get played a lot)

That looks terrible, you should throw it away.

Please PM me the location of the dumpster where you throw it.

:laughing7: :laughing7:

Wow! You're not likely to see another like THAT at the local blues jam.

Super nice Tele, and thanks for giving me a few more items to ponder about my rear-routed Esquire project.

Spalted Maple is quite simply the most beautiful wood known to man.  No questions, no arguments, its just fact.  Luckily for you, you did not decide to put anything other than clear over it.  Had you done so, your soul would surely burn for eternity. 

Back