June 2018 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM

We are now announcing the June, 2018 Guitar of the Month contest!  June's contest will be "Warmoth/professionally finished" and requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.  Send your submission in plain text email.  Your photos must be attachments to the email.  Your UnOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email.

In turn, your images will added to this message, which is June's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted until exactly 7 days from the date and time of this post, so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below.

Please do not post additional photos in any replies to this thread.  Links to other UW threads or external sites are fine.

Please try to stick to the entry requirements:
Two 1024x768 pixel images maximum as attachments please, not embedded in the email or linked to external sites.

An image for the purposes of this contest is a single photograph, not a multiple image/collage.

Include your UnOfficialWarmoth Forum user name.

Warmoth or other professionally finished instruments only this month.

Sorry, but entries that do not meet these requirements may not be included in the contest. If you're having technical difficulties, get in touch!  (But only about contest entries please!)

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 TheGunn

Body: Warmoth Jazzmaster, chambered mahogany with flame maple top painted in Sonic Blue.
Neck: Warmoth CBS neck, wenge with rosewood fretboard, 5150 frets, tusq nut.
Electronics: McNelly 46/58 pickups, Rothstein wiring.
Hardware: Planet Waves auto trim tuners, hardtail trem replacement, Japanese Fender Mustang bridge, Warmoth parchment pickguard.

uJCk6AW.jpg

HRPC5Hl.jpg

Guitar #2 kolsky

My homage to a 1957 Les Paul Junior. The goal was to have a guitar that was played, passed down and rocked hard by 3 generations of players. Started as an unfinished Hombre neck (14° radius, 25.5" scale, 6100 ss frets, mahogany back rosewood board) and a solid one piece mahogany slab. Lollar P90, mojoaxe relic bridge, gotoh vintage tuners, 500k vol/tone pots, bumblebee caps. Nitrocellulose lacquer finish by  MJT Aged Finishes. Conceived in 1957 born in 2018

y00PPkH.jpg

SUNWVJ5.jpg

Guitar #3 Fender.Fan

This is a replica of a Fender Swinger/Arrow/Musiclander. The body is a Warmoth Musiclander, my own routing and pickguard. The neck is a Fender Classic Player Jaguar neck with a cut headstock. The electronics are out of a 2016 Fender Mustang.

489WlO8.jpg

z5cpxY1.jpg

Guitar #4 Guitarhack

Body: Warmoth Tele, chambered alder, zebrawood top, black to clear burst satin finish, set up as HH (HSH routing, could be a middle single coil in the future), all cavities copper shielded, tummy, forearm and heel contours, black single ply matte pickguard

Neck: Warmoth vintage/modern, tele heel, roasted maple, 10"-16” compound radius compensated nut, stainless steel 6150 (Jumbo) frets

Electronics: Joe Barden Two/Tone HB neck & bridge pickups, CRL 3-way switch, push/push 250k volume & tone pots (taps each pickup individually), treble bleed on volume pot, switchcraft jack

Hardware(all chrome): Hipshot open back staggered locking tuners, Gotoh HB bridgeplate, square jack plate

jFlIZrZ.jpg

cKteGiH.jpg

Guitar #5 exaN

Quilt maple on swamp ash body, vintage tint
Standard thin maple/maple neck, vintage tint
DiMarzio Chopper T + Twang King, 1 volume 1 tone

xbkXCDS.jpg

V2Jxxwg.jpg

Guitar #6 spe111

Body:
Carved top soloist
Flame maple on walnut
Fully solid
Wilkinson Tremolo
Warmoth transparent red/clear finish

Neck:
Ebony fretboard on wenge neck
Schaller M6 locking tuners

Electronics:
EMG - 57/66 pickup set - brushed black chrome covers

RsmZfFs.jpg

2Js8LNG.jpg

Guitar #7 Guitarsan

Body Style: Warmoth Chambered Stratocaster
Wood: Black Korina on Black Korina
Contour: Forearm and Tummy Cut
Bridge Rout: Vintage 6-Hole Tremolo
Top Finish: Black-Brown-Yellow Burst
Back Finish: Black
Finish Type: Gloss
Weight: 3lbs., 14 oz.

Neck: Fender Eric Johnson; quartersawn, vintage tinted maple
Tuners: Gotoh Staggered Vintage In-Line
Bridge: Super-Vee BladeRunner
Tremolo Springs: Raw Vintage
Pickups: Fender Eric Johnson
Pickguard: Chandler Music Black/Parchment/Black

Guitar Strap: Jayco Toasty Brown Woven

PztHTDr.jpg

rggIGZw.jpg

Guitar #8 Blackouts

Telecaster Deluxe

Neck & Body Warmoth Showcase

Maple / Maple Standard Thin
CBS Headstock
Sperzel Locking Tuners
10 - 16 Compound Radius
Clear Satin Nitro
6105 Frets
Rothko & Frost Logo

Alder Body
Shoreline Gold
Vintage Spacing Bridge
The Creamery "Classic '71" Hand-Wound Wide Range Humbuckers
CTS Pots, Orange Drop Caps
Schaller Straplocks

uXUYQ6L.jpg

ByoLRwy.jpg

Guitar #9 Hendrix

Honey Flake Stratocaster

Honey Burst Flame Maple over Alder stratocaster® replacement guitar body

Koa/ Ebony stratocaster® replacement guitar neck Clear Gloss

Fender Fat 50s neck Pickups, Dimarzio True Velvet™ Middle and bridge . 
Fender Flake pick guard with cooper coloured.
Gotoh SGS510 Machine Heads , Gotoh Wilkinson Tremolo VS100 Gold.

eOrjawG.jpg

TMwwQ4i.jpg

TheGunn, kolsky and Fender.Fan get this month's party started! Good luck to all!

-VB- said:
Yowza! Wouldn’t be prudent to specify precisely what I’m yowza-ing I think, but Yowza!

Pretty sure that you could apply 'yowza' to all of the submissions this month.  I know I could.  :eek:

Is there a problem with the photos? I don't see them anymore (and other threads are fine)?

Jebberz said:
Is there a problem with the photos? I don't see them anymore (and other threads are fine)?

The pictures are still visible for me. I am viewing in Safari on my iPhone.

Still there for me - Firefox on Windows. I do have an ongoing issue with a particular thread on my mobile in 2 browsers but again can see fine on desktop and others can see with various setups. Maybe it's something like that for you.

They are back, don't know what happened... now I have to choose, the hardest part, to much beautiful guitar this month...

Back