Soylent Black Hollow Strat!

m4rk0

Epic Member
Luke should really post this, but whatever, he's in the car now!! :)

I love the way this turned out, and Luke seems to be as excited as a little school girl too!
The finish turned out great, many coats of tru oil and a bunch of coats of wax! it's really glowing!
the Specs:
- Hollow Korina Strat, Flame Maple top
- Canary Neck
- Ziricote Fingerboard
- Set of Lil Killers

Luke5032.jpg

Luke5033.jpg

Luke5036.jpg

Luke5038.jpg

Next time we will clean the pickguard before taking pictures!  :icon_biggrin:
Luke5040.jpg

Twins!

Luke5039.jpg

Luke5043.jpg

Some Close-ups of the Waxy finish!
(still in the process of setting up the wilky here)
Luke5021.jpg

Luke5035.jpg

ha ok, I admit! I look like one too after all! :)

I forgot to say, It plays and sounds amazing too!!
We barely set it up and it already plays buzz free, with no rattle at all! we had to add a second string tree though,  to get the G string to stop buzzing.
the Wilky is perfect! ZERO WOBBLE!!

Perfect finish. Can you explain this wax finish? I don't remember seeing an in-process thread about it.

nathana said:
Perfect finish. Can you explain this wax finish? I don't remember seeing an in-process thread about it.

Hey Nathan,
it's fairly simple,
once the true oil coat is cured, rub on a thin layer of wax - I use 'crystal clear wax' from woodcraft - let is sit for 10-15 minutes, and then buff it out like a madman! let it sit for a day, buff it with a rag again, and repeat until you are happy with the results.
I did this on both my swamp ash and thinline bodies, and it turned out real nice on this flame maple!

Dear Warmoth,

I feel horrible.. you had this body in the showcase, and the flame is too nice, and even the korina on the back is flamed, and its chambered.. I feel like I stole it at the price I got it at.

To make amends, I'm going to start another project within two months.

Sorry again,
Luke

Back