Something said don't, but I did anyway, couldn't help myself,....

Death by Uberschall

Master Member
Saw it, had to have it, will be in my hands next week,.......

I didn't gel with the CU24 I traded away a couple of years ago for a Les Paul Standard, something just didn't feel right about it in my hands like a great Lester does. This is along the lines of a Les Paul design so I hope it will be more of what I like, but in a PRS.

2012 PRS Tremonti 10 Top in Deep Blue Fade.

2008-01-01120015_zps21bd81e9.jpg%257Eoriginal.jpg

2008-01-01120238_zpsae984523.jpg%257Eoriginal.jpg

2008-01-01120324_zps1d0695c6.jpg%257Eoriginal.jpg

2008-01-01120140_zpsa4a217bd.jpg%257Eoriginal+covered.jpg

Let me send you my address just in case that doesn't work out for you...Holy Crap, that's just plain astonishing!!

I agree with all comments, my jaw dropped when I saw the pics of this guitar.  :eek:  I've seen plenty of Tremontis out there, but nothing as gorgeous as this one.

Hard to believe that guitar went up for sale May 20th with all kinds of people drooling over their keyboards commenting about it on a very large forum. Guess it shows the economy is hurting a lot of people. I stumbled across it while skipping through the Member Classifieds of Rig-Talk. That site gets so many post on a daily basis that I usually don't go more than 1-2 pages deep when I'm there, too much to read to try to keep up. Just happened that the seller bumped the thread back to the first page a couple of days ago when I was bored and skimming the forum.

I really didn't need it right now, didn't want to spend the money right now, tried to talk my self out of it, even low-balled the owner in the hopes he would tell me to f#@k off! But through the 2-day negotiating process we met in the middle.
:eek:ccasion14:

Congratulations, DbU.  That's a lovely, lovely axe. 

Good thing it's not a Warmoth, 'cause even with the stiff competition this month, it'd give the GOTM crowd a serious case of gastric distress.

Death by Uberschall said:
I really didn't need it right now, didn't want to spend the money right now, tried to talk my self out of it, ...

Never works for me either.  :icon_smile:

Absolutely beautiful guitar.

BTW...Didn't everyone go to sealed tuners for a reason?  I don't think it makes much (if any) difference, but I find it funny that PRS started doing open backs.

Johnny said:
Death by Uberschall said:
I really didn't need it right now, didn't want to spend the money right now, tried to talk my self out of it, ...

Never works for me either.  :icon_smile:

Absolutely beautiful guitar.

BTW...Didn't everyone go to sealed tuners for a reason?  I don't think it makes much (if any) difference, but I find it funny that PRS started doing open backs.

I think companies did sealed tuners for two reasons, asthetics and covering up the cheap quality of the components in them. I actually like the open back look, kinda high-tech in a low-tech sort of way, if that makes sense.  :icon_biggrin:

I dunno what your budget is, but that top plus those birds = no way in heck it would fit into mine.  Beyoutiful.

To end the curiosity, I paid in the low 2k range shipped, which is a really good deal for that guitar.  :eek:ccasion14:

The quilt top is what caught my eye, but the total package sealed the deal for me. Everybody knows I don't like binding or heavy burst that cover too much of a figured top on my builds. I like a clean and simple look where the wood and components speak for themselves. If I went to PRS and said build me a Blue Fade/Burst Tremonti or SC to my specs, it would be this guitar (needs a Floyd though  :toothy12:  not really) or a hard tail version. But the clean look is the winner for me.

I'm definately a "no inlay" person, but next to no inlays, the PRS birds are my first choice next to nothing, they just have a classy look about them, probably one of the best things Paul ever put on his guitars. Next to them, the Caparison clocks are my sencond choice where the clock hands tell the fret position/number as they go up the neck, just a cool touch.
caparison_dellinger.jpg

Wow, great find, especially at that price. Now if only PRS stopped painting their necks we'd be on to something.  I know they make exceptions but much like Gibson they are a little too fond of colored gloss finishes.  Shame it wasn't a rosewood model - but I'll take it anyway!

Duuuuuuuuuuude, that's super bad ass, the single cuts are miles better than the standard PRS. :headbang1:

Back