Something besides Roasted Maple

Hendrix said:
beside  Maple , neck can be without finishing, I have try : Indian Rosewood / Bocote / Ebony / Padouk / Wenge .

I find Indian Rosewood and  Wenge are best sounding tone wood for neck , for my experience.
Wenge is nice, I have 2 of those, and also Goncalo Alves... :headbang:

Cagey said:
It's a unique part. Not sure I've ever seen another one-piece in that wood. As I recall, it's currently matched up to a carved-top Soloist in white pearl. Big plans there, never finished.
195255.gif

Sorry - it's going to take a bit, but it'll be soon. I have to get it out of storage and take pics, etc.  There's a bunch of stuff down there that I need to do that with. I have to do a major purge here so I can move.

Cagey said:
Sorry - it's going to take a bit, but it'll be soon. I have to get it out of storage and take pics, etc.  There's a bunch of stuff down there that I need to do that with. I have to do a major purge here so I can move.
:icon_thumright:

Cagey said:

I'm more excited about your "major purge," than I am for Warmoth's 40th-anniversary surprise!

Everybody here talking about what to use instead of roasted maple, and here I am just finally purchasing one  :icon_biggrin:  Am I too late for this party? Super excited! Roasted Maple with a Bloodwood fingerboard. Now I wait...

new-killer-star said:
I have both roasted maple and rosewood, both burnished. I love them both but I love the way my rosewood neck feels even more, I would not hesitate if forced to choose.

New-Killer-Star  can you expand on the rosewood and why it is better? What is the tone like? Is it flat sawn or

Back