Some guy trying to sell a warmoth for 4200 USD.

Cagey said:
It's tough to tell whether or not it makes you look "cheap" since it's highly unlikely anybody but you and the other Norwegian guy can read those posts. While many in the world are multi-lingual, Americans are generally English readers and that's the end of their literacy capabilities <grin>

I can say that if $500 sounds "reasonable" to you for a Gibson case, you're probably deprived. I wouldn't give $500 for most Gibson guitars, let alone the cases, especially since you can get flight cases for a fraction of that cost, and more traditional hard shells for even less. Figure $50 to $75.
Dude, I'm (EDIT: WE are :icon_tongue: ) from Norway. This is like the country where some of the cheapest guitars cost 350. Even a basic ukulele costs 40$ :tard:
Seriously, I've seen ESPs that cost TWICE as much here in Norway(compared to the US).

I checked it out, a Gibson special costs approx 1665$, here it costs 4/3 of that. (2220$)

Big V - AKA "The other guy from Norway" said:
I checked it out, a Gibson special costs approx 1665$, here it costs 4/3 of that. (2220$)

Isn't "free" health care great? <grin>

Cagey said:
te]

It actually is. That and the other benefits that makes the country able to deal with it's own problems - not just on the health care issue. But in every aspect. You should really try to experience this for yourself by paying us (I'm in Denmark - but things are done almost the same way as in Norway) a visit.

Judging things from the perspective of your own little place on earth is not always the best way. If I did that USA wouldn't be looking too good ... and I know that wouldn't be fair. I could find many things lacking there (and there probaly is - as anywhere on this earth) but you have to step back and get the bigger picture to judge.

In that perspective I do not think you find much better countries to live in than the Nordic countries. Expensive guitars is a non-issue ... really.

SustainerPlayer said:
Cagey said:
te]

It actually is. That and the other benefits that makes the country able to deal with it's own problems - not just on the health care issue. But in every aspect. You should really try to experience this for yourself by paying us (I'm in Denmark - but things are done almost the same way as in Norway) a visit.

Judging things from the perspective of your own little place on earth is not always the best way. If I did that USA wouldn't be looking too good ... and I know that wouldn't be fair. I could find many things lacking there (and there probaly is - as anywhere on this earth) but you have to step back and get the bigger picture to judge.

In that perspective I do not think you find much better countries to live in than the Nordic countries. Expensive guitars is a non-issue ... really.

Same where I come from.... Government run  (cheap) health care and guitars are affordable.. so don't make this into a political thing cagey!

Norway is just expensive.... Booze, Guitars, Jeans and Wooly sweaters... everything else is priced normal

The Norwegian Guy said:
wooly sweaters?  :tard:

IT'S A CARDIGAN MADE OUT OF QUALITY SHEEPS, GOD DAMMIT! :doh:

hahahaha, as long as you and I are on this forum, I will bring up the woolly cardigan from time to time!

Who's talking politics? But, this is neither the time nor place, so we'll let it go. As long as you guys are happy, that's all that matters.

I wonder how much a Wooly-cardigan-guitar with in-built beer-tap would cost? :toothy12:

Norway is a nice country, when you have money, but when you're left halfways alone economically by your parents (to learn how life is, I do live at home, though), it's kinda frustrating, there's SO much you want, but you can't buy anything :tard:

That's gotta suck, being kept warm, dry, fed and clothed while the government looks out for your health and education, but you're not even getting paid for it? Talk about the seventh level of hell! <grin>

The Norwegian Guy said:
IT'S A CARDIGAN MADE OUT OF QUALITY SHEEPS, GOD DAMMIT! :doh:
andreas.jpg

A little off (or back, depending how you see it) on track:

http://luthiersaccessgroup.com/index.php?action=product-details&id=348

"Yes, it is a Warmouth."

If LAG can't sell it for 1K$, then no one can. Mind you it has been contaminated with a non W neck.

mothra-769922.jpg
  VS 
tn-2.jpg

WarMoth                                                                          WarMouth.

FUGHT!

Back