Soloist

Raunline

Quilt Maple Soloist

Body:

A Soloist body made with a Quilt Maple core and a quilted maple lam top.
Screamin' Demon in the bridge and two custom hand wound pickups in the neck and middle positions.
Recessed Floyd bridge.
Transparent Orange finish. (I was going for the look of a George Lynch ESP I saw once).

Neck:

Strat neck (of course).
Birdseye maple shaft with a ziricote fingerboard.
Standard Thin back contour.
Stainless Steel 6150 fretwire.
R4 Floyd nut prep and Gotoh/Grover tuners.

It plays amazingly! The neck "feels" slimmer than the Standard Thin for some reason and it stays in tune like a champ!

I'm hoping to get the final set up done to it soon to dial it in and make it better (if that can be done).

Attachments

• Ron Soloist3.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 868
Very nice! I'm a big fan of the Soloist design. Comfy, attractive, practical and versatile... it's a "modern" take on a Strat. You gotta love 'em. You've done a fine job with that one, and should be pleased.

Great-looking guitar. I'm curious; why put a laminated quilt maple top on a body that is already quilt maple?

Street Avenger said:
Great-looking guitar. I'm curious; why put a laminated quilt maple top on a body that is already quilt maple?

I bought it off of the Showcase that way. My guess is that the top was more figured than the actual body. Maybe a cancelled order that had a Unique Choice top on it. It'd been on the Showcase for almost two years. I ain't complainin' hahahaha!

Back