Soloist w/ P90s

A good protion of Les Dudek's album "Say No More" was recorded with a P90 Les Paul. Major sweet tone on that one.

dbw said:
I LOVE the look of those alumitones, very art deco, but I'm pretty sure I heard they sound kinda lame.  Anyone actually heard them?

Tried a set when I first saw them, 2 of my guitars now have them and my next will have them too. I will refain from saying they sound incredible, awesome, blah blah... I would describe them as an objective step between your playing and your gear. A blank page. No noise. They simply reflect what you are doing, which is exactly what I have been looking for, for a long time.  :icon_thumright:

dwayneed said:
Tried a set when I first saw them, 2 of my guitars now have them and my next will have them too. I will refain from saying they sound incredible, awesome, blah blah... I would describe them as an objective step between your playing and your gear. A blank page. No noise. They simply reflect what you are doing, which is exactly what I have been looking for, for a long time.  :icon_thumright:

I read someone else describe them similar to a blank page. They said the little guys had absolutely no personality.

But damn are they awesome looking.

The only reason I didn't jump on this one (went for the birdseye soloist instead) was concern about P90 height with a TOM/STP on a flat-top. Probably unjustified worry.

I can't seem to get my eyes off of that one now.  I don't really need another soloist, but....

Back