So, "unofficial warmoth" is looking more like "official" warmoth.

Waraxe

Shouldn't we just call a spade a spade at this point?

I mean, Aaron is the admin, it now has the warmoth colors and logo at the top........

What say you all?

The warmoth forum?

"Unofficial" made me think this was a fan site or community-driven site. It took surprisingly long to figure out that the whole thing is indeed owned and operated by Warmoth, they just don't want people to think that this is the designated method for contacting Warmoth sales/support/etc...

Well son, Warmoth does not control the content of this here forum. We can say what we like, as long as we don't break the rules. Like this for example: Are you ready? Here goes...

Warmoth SUCKS!!! SUUUUUUUKS SUUUUUKKKKKKKKSSSS!!!*

* not really.

Well son, Warmoth does not control the content of this here forum. We can say what we like, as long as we don't break the rules. Like this for example: Are you ready? Here goes...

Warmoth SUCKS!!! SUUUUUUUKS SUUUUUKKKKKKKKSSSS!!!*

* not really.
Yes they do. Read the rules.

You posts or threads may be deleted at their discretion for violating any of their rules.

Though they seem pretty chill about it.......or you guys aren't a bunch of children like on other boards.

But then forum life these days is a far cry from the wild west days of the early 2000s.

On the Unofficial site: You see many photos and information about complete guitars using parts from Warmoth and also from other sources.
On the Official site: There are pictures of guitar parts, but *never* completed guitars.

Maybe you don't need to ask the reason, but that's the biggest difference. Obviously Warmoth do not sell complete guitars, they are only selling parts.

Yes they do. Read the rules.

You posts or threads may be deleted at their discretion for violating any of their rules.

Though they seem pretty chill about it.......or you guys aren't a bunch of children like on other boards.

But then forum life these days is a far cry from the wild west days of the early 2000s.
Well, son, I have read the rules. In fact I helped write them. You can say what you like, as long as you don't violate the rules. That's it.

Well, son, I have read the rules. In fact I helped write them. You can say what you like, as long as you don't violate the rules. That's it.
The son stuff is uncalled for.

If there are guidelines that have to be followed, then no, you can't say anything you want.

I mean, you could, but will most likely run into issues, is all I meant.

Saying what you want was the old harmony central forums. Now THAT was an experience!
Most forums today are moderated pretty heavily when it comes to the kinda of stuff pointed out in the rules.

That is not necessarily a bad thing though.

TGP is pretty heavy handed these days......

The son stuff is uncalled for.

If there are guidelines that have to be followed, then no, you can't say anything you want.

I mean, you could, but will most likely run into issues, is all I meant.

Saying what you want was the old harmony central forums. Now THAT was an experience!
Most forums today are moderated pretty heavily when it comes to the kinda of stuff pointed out in the rules.

That is not necessarily a bad thing though.

TGP is pretty heavy handed these days......
Well while that may be true, consider the fact you haven’t even been here 5 months and are talking to those been here for decades and some that helped create and for the forum.

Honestly when I saw your post, in my mind I thought, “here’s the new acct with his brand new shiny MBA. Be he still can’t close a month end close in 3 days after 6 months of employ.

It was the timbre of your statement I think that elicited that response, regardless of the response was earned or not.

Well while that may be true, consider the fact you haven’t even been here 5 months and are talking to those been here for decades and some that helped create and for the forum.

Honestly when I saw your post, in my mind I thought, “here’s the new acct with his brand new shiny MBA. Be he still can’t close a month end close in 3 days after 6 months of employ.

It was the timbre of your statement I think that elicited that response, regardless of the response was earned or not.
I had an account way back in the day. Like more than ten years ago, back in the day. I didn't remember the log in info, so made a new account. Wow, it's more like 15 years ago, when I planned my last build.

I didn't really respond or add anything of value through. It was more to see the pics and stuff, if I remember correctly.

I've been lurking here for almost 2 years recently while I was planning my next build.
The neck and body are due in tomorrow!

Well that’s excellent. As you have time, start a new thread of your build. Me? I’m to slow in my builds. Each update would be a necro post. LOL

"In the womb we are all blind cave fish."-----Jim Morrison

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, perhaps chill a little. Be kind.

UW is owned by Warmoth and always has been. There are now since recently no moderators / admins apart from Warmoth employees.

It is unofficial as the build advice, tips etc, wiring, discussion and so on do not represent official recommendations or advice from Warmoth themselves or representing an official position of Warmoth.

It is also worth considering that unofficial does not mean independent of or from. That is really the difference.

There is nothing about the look or administration of this forum that is substantially different from a week ago. I have been an admin for about 10 years now, and the logos and basic look of this forum have been the same for at least 5 years, maybe more. All that's changed is new forum software, something we thought everyone would appreciate.

Of course there are guidelines that need to be followed. Of course there are. This is true of pretty much anywhere (real or virtual) that you go in the civilized world. Most of the things not allowed in the forum rules are things common sense tells us to avoid anyway, like being a dick to others, pushing special interest agendas, contentious topics, etc. Things you feel you shouldn't have to make rules about....but it turns out you do. When it comes to the topics this forum is about - Warmoth, guitars, and music - everyone has plenty of latitude to say just about anything they want. What we do expressly forbid in the rules - and delete right away when we see it - are things that violate our license agreement, aka content about putting decals on headstocks, creating counterfeits, etc. Hopefully the reasons for that are self-evident.

Nobody is trying to pull a fast one on anybody. This place is called unofficial because it's not an official order or product support channel. It needs to be clear that this forum is not the place to seek Warmoth's attention. We do not monitor it regularly, and sometimes days will go by when no one from Warmoth even looks here. Furthermore, the content here is neither created nor vetted by Warmoth, and we are under no obligation to provide a remedy if somebody attempts something they see here and it goes bad.

Hope that info helps.

Back