Sneak Peek #2 (no this is not the LP replacement)

Red Rocks

Here is a peek at another Carve Top that will be out in the next few months. This is not the LP replacement body, but it has the LP replacement neck on it.

Attachments

• CTW1.jpg
    CTW1.jpg
    674.8 KB · Views: 429
  • CTW2.jpg
    CTW2.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 395
  • CTW4.jpg
    CTW4.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 389
I like it.  Especially with the top and binding.  If it had a top route and solid mahogany it would be very close to my Gretsch BST1000.  A very nice guitar (one of the last US production models).

Attachments

• DSC00852.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 455
Got a bit of the early 80's Aria Pro II vibe to it, like the one Neal Schon used to play (Send Her My Love video) 

I like it a lot, the Warmoth headstock will work nicely with those curves.

Cool job.  Chambered or Hollow option?

Solid and Chambered but not hollow. I have another one to show in a week or so and that will be hollow.

I really like both the body and headstock, but I'm not sure about the two of them together.  :dontknow:

But that's not really a problem, is it?

35032696.jpg

I think EBMM has a trademark on everything single cutaway that's not one of the two SC guitars that they ripped off (one of which you are now replacing, the other which you currently have a license for)  which contains any more elongation along the axis of protrusion than those two guitars have. IOW - if it's not a Tele, and it's not an LP - then by obvious default it's an EBMM  shape.  I'm pretty certain their lawyers considered going after Fender for a Stratocaster being a logical extension of the upper bout morphing into a horn.

Awesome, reminds me a lot of the Schecter Solo 6. If money allows I will DEFINITELY make  one of these!

Nice. I like this one much better than the first. I can see this with a conversion neck and Warhead headstock and a Floyd. Very Nice!

There's a straight-up Les Paul/Tele hybrid shape that's pretty nice. The Hamer Talladega is the first one that comes to mind, but Nik Huber, Johan Gustavsson and others use it. Without all suing one another! :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

http://www.destroyallguitars.com/gustavsson

I think I don't want the $10,000 one.  ???

DangerousR6 said:
This one from Dismal guitars kinda fits that lp/tele shape..
DismalAxBarncat-3-11-1.jpg
That's HAWT!!!
:tard:

Oh dear god, I haven't got my first build and I think I just found the next one.
My Wife's gonna kill me....
:doh:

Thanks for the latest pic's  :icon_thumright:

I'm liking this one  :toothy10:

:dontknow:  kind-of reminds me of (dare I say it) ....... a Nighthawk 

swarfrat said:
I think EBMM has a trademark on everything single cutaway that's not one of the two SC guitars that they ripped off (one of which you are now replacing, the other which you currently have a license for)  which contains any more elongation along the axis of protrusion than those two guitars have. IOW - if it's not a Tele, and it's not an LP - then by obvious default it's an EBMM  shape.  I'm pretty certain their lawyers considered going after Fender for a Stratocaster being a logical extension of the upper bout morphing into a horn.

To rebut part of that, Warmoth is licensed to make the Fender headstock shapes.  The Strat and Tele body shapes aren't protected.

The new body shape, love it!  And this isn't even the LP replacement!  Can't wait to see it.

It's not my thing, but I do quite like it.  Sometimes you just have to break with tradition and do a new design.  I can see this being very popular with some very extreme wood and finish options.

Good job guys.

Much prefer this one to the first. Maybe I'm getting conservative in my old age.

Interesting that this isn't the LP replacement - how much more like an LP can that look while still keeping the big G's lawyers quiet?

Back