Small Gecko 5

Markoooooo said:
ahhh so Edin and Odin is not the same person!!  :tard:

cca 550-600 km from Sarajevo to Budapest.
You must visit Budapest!
Beautiful town, beautiful monuments, beautiful wom(a)en, beautiful bridges, beautiful paprikas, beautiful restaurants (Fatal, Nancsi Neni...) and now beautiful bass guitars...

Edin said:
Markoooooo said:
ahhh so Edin and Odin is not the same person!!  :tard:

cca 550-600 km from Sarajevo to Budapest.
You must visit Budapest!
Beautiful town, beautiful monuments, beautiful wom(a)en, beautiful bridges, beautiful paprikas, beautiful restaurants (Fatal, Nancsi Neni...) and now beautiful bass guitars...

ahh, I experienced the town, monuments, women, bridges, restaurants and paprikas.. oh well... goulash! got extremely drunk from excessive wine tasting in Eger, while being followed around by a gypsy band!!
stayed with friends in Dunakeszi and Vac... really miss those times :(

Oden said:
Hi there,

This is my Gecko, hope you like it...

The facts:
Gecko "small" swamp ash body with Hipshot A style bridge and EMG-40TW pickups (wired to 18V). The neck is wenge/bubinga with ebony fretboard, jet black ebony peghead veneer, Gotoh machine heads and Warwick Just-a-nut II. The body has coloured oil finish, the neck is raw. The controls are vol/vol/p.tone, each volume is push/pull for coil-splitting. Strung with DR HIBeam 45-130.
The sound:
I always liked Warwick basses, the feel and sound of exotic woods. Due to the similar woods the Gecko has thoose punchy mids but it's more balanced and controlable. The 35" scale really  helps the low B string. One of the best sounding basses I've ever played.
You can find the pics here: http://internet.interneteurope.eu/~alosnhu1/gecko/gecko.html

Very cool...That almost the exact combo that I want to go with for a small Gecko.

The only difference is the electronics...I would be going with a Nordstrand Big Singles and a Bart pre.

I know this is an older thread...but that combo sounds awesome.

Back