Single coil hum

It changes as I turn towards or away from the amp.

To all of you saying it's a ground issue, I don't think so.  If he says the noise is changing based on orientation to surrounding equipment, it is most certainly, too close to the noise maker.

My Equipment is grounded very well, and I can get a buttload of noise by standing too close to other electronic equipment.

The ground is not a normal current path, not intended for that, nor is it intended for a drain for signal noise (I know this happens alot).  the ground should only connect metal chassis parts and cases of equipment. The idea being that if theres a failure of the "hot" wires, where those wires may come in contact with chassis and whatever, it will trip the circuit breaker before it kills you.

The OP said his noise was fine with 2 pickups selected,  theres no relation to the ground system there at all. It's just noise, he needs more space to stand away from the TV when playing,

Jack When can I start? LOL

Agree with Alfang; just sounds like typical noise from standing too close to amp / computer / idiot box. I get a lot of hum in my office and have to turn stuff off, face certain directions, etc. too, and I sometimes go to position 2 just to get rid of the hum. I have no experience with faux P90s at all, so I can't offer advice except turn off the computer and stuff.
Question for the electro-guys here: does wireless internet signal give you hum, or is 60 cycle hum a different animal? Every apartment in my complex has its own separate wireless setup, and my computer can see about 25 signals.

Back