Show us your pics!

Last thursday..

We were participating in a TV director-course where we played one song like 9 times and another 12 times to give the students the opportunity to cut a live video with four cameras. It was fun. We should get the DVD with the results in a week or so.

JaySwear said:
MAN i love that deluxe... did it get a pickup change though? i thought i remembered it having 2 humbucker sized p-90s

Thanks!  No pickup change, but I've thought about and maybe posted about putting in some Phat Cats or Fralin P-92s.  I'm really liking my setup though, and at this point, I'm not going to do anything that will drastically change my sound.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Here's a few pics from a trip we took to Lubbock in March.  A photographer friend got around to posting them.  Marko, Luke, and Doug, this was the Guitar Show weekend and why I didn't go.

..the band and friend in front of the photo spot
DLBLubbock06.jpg

...@ sound check.  It was raining, that's why the pants in the boots.
DLBLubbock02.jpg

DLBLubbock05.jpg

DLBLubbock01.jpg

DLBLubbock03.jpg

.........to be young, single, and a good guitar player........
DLBLubbock09.jpg

DLBLubbock10.jpg

DLBLubbock11.jpg
Seems like the guitar-guy had some fun :icon_jokercolor:

Big V - AKA "The other guy from Norway" said:
Seems like the guitar-guy had some fun :icon_jokercolor:

He always does.

he has almost as much female friends as Norwegian guy!!

you also have some nice female band members!

Here's a few pics from a trip we took to Lubbock in March.  A photographer friend got around to posting them.  Marko, Luke, and Doug, this was the Guitar Show weekend and why I didn't go.

DLBLubbock03.jpg

Hey - how do you guys work the fiddle into your arrangements?  We've got a fiddle player now, and for the folk and country stuff  it's great - but for other rockier or pop stuff it's, er, awkward. 

what do you guys do?  Got any on-line songs to listen to with featured fiddle?

Trevor... rock + violin is awkward???  Since when?  Half the rock bands I listen to use violin all the time.

mayfly said:

DLBLubbock03.jpg

Hey - how do you guys work the fiddle into your arrangements?  We've got a fiddle player now, and for the folk and country stuff  it's great - but for other rockier or pop stuff it's, er, awkward. 

what do you guys do?  Got any on-line songs to listen to with featured fiddle?
http://www.myspace.com/dennisleeband specifically Do It Right Tonight, written by yours truly.

She is part savant, perfect pitch and everything.  Her and the guitar player harmonize riffs, swap solos, and do call/answer type stuff.  Basically, treat her like another guitar player.  As the bass player, more pieces and the style of music we do, I have to dumb down my lines and play less fills because they get lost in the mix.  Too much stuff trying to occupy the same space.

On a side note, this band is the lead singer's show now.  The guitar player, drummer, her and I no longer play in this band on a regular basis.

Got your ass kicked out because of that upside down headstock eh?  :icon_thumright:

hannaugh said:
Trevor... rock + violin is awkward???  Since when?  Half the rock bands I listen to use violin all the time.

Maybe we're just an awkward bunch...

mayfly said:
Got your ass kicked out because of that upside down headstock eh?  :icon_thumright:

LOL.  I assure you it was amicable, atleast on my end.  The other members all want to be rockstars.  They all still live with mommy and daddy, and outside of playing music, don't have money coming in.  They party 7 days a week.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to have that luxury and am envious.  I am 12 years their senior, am married, and have a mortgage.  For 6 months I was laid off.  I got to do that pretty hard and heavy, but when I went back to work, I couldn't work 40+ hours, play 5 nights a week, and keep up with kids that still get sleep in and don't have bills or responsibilities.  I didn't just abruptly quit.  I made my feelings known and stayed on for 2 months while they found a replacement.  Unbeknownst to me, I was apparently the glue.  After I left, the lead singer fired the drummer because he is the typical space-cadet drummer.  The guitar player, who I love to death, couldn't deal with the lead singer alone and wanted to get back to his Blues roots.  The fiddle player never really was permanent, she plays gigs with everybody and is quite the hot commodity.  She quit coming around because she really only liked playing with the guitar player.  So now there's the lead singer.  He has since gotten a small time record deal, a little bit of buzz, some radio airplay and interviews, but can't keep a band around him, so he mainly does the douchy acoustic shows.  He somehow landed the sidestage when Tim McGraw and Lady Antibellum were in town last.

I keep up with the guitar player and talk with him about twice a week and do an occasional blues trio gig with him when needed.  I'm set to record on his album because the 4 studios that upside down headstock bass has been in have all had their engineers offer to buy it and rave about its straight in sound.

The guitar player, who I love to death, couldn't deal with the lead singer alone and wanted to get back to his Blues roots. 
[/quote]

ah, doesn't the Blues root us all?

hannaugh said:

I agree.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8r9lTR3NAA[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-dSrgToJzk[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye5-gjfyW3A[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33cuybrKPmU[/youtube]

*POINTS AGGRESSIVELY TOWARDS EXAMPLES!*

Hey!  the bass player for Drive By Truckers has that upside down headstock and funky boots as well!

margaretten11.jpg

B3Guy said:

It's hard not to be proud of this kid.  He leads such the charmed life too.  I'm constantly having future speculation "I knew him when" moments.  He opened for Robert Cray a while back and routinely does stuff like this, sitting in with Anson Funderburgh.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSbBHys-JXg[/youtube]

B3Guy said:

It's hard not to be proud of this kid.  He leads such the charmed life too.  I'm constantly having future speculation "I knew him when" moments
I knew a guy who knew him when....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iijKLHCQw5o[/youtube]

I've always found this bands work more artistic... less... Drunken .... XD

Back