Show us your pics!

Max if you post pictures like that my work is gonna block this site..

I won't blame them.  :laughing7:

DangerousR6 said:
Not guitar related, I entered my bike in a car & bike show this past weekend. Won a trophy and the Grand door prize, $800 worth of tool boxes and tools.... :headbang1:
MeBourget.jpg

1.  Did you paint the flamejob yourself?  If so, what's the charge for doing that to a guitar body?

2.  Since when are motorcycles not guitar-related?

See, e.g., [youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGQt6GY8nKA[/youtube]

or

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk52nGxF-jc[/youtube]

or
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQp1GNr-mLM[/youtube]

DangerousR6 said:
Not guitar related, I entered my bike in a car & bike show this past weekend. Won a trophy and the Grand door prize, $800 worth of tool boxes and tools.... :headbang1:
MeBourget.jpg

MeTools.jpg

What???  No Guns???  :icon_tongue:
Doug, you look almost respectable with your hair cut like that.  Same as me.

OK...I put on a shirt that fits...lost 100lbs...this is my other hobby...looks like Doug and I have a few things in common

Besides geetars and music, one of my biggest hobbies is photography. I usually shoot black and white film, and I love old cameras.

So here's me using my 1959 Mamiyaflex twin-lens camera this spring (I didn't take the picture, of course)
0005tiny.jpg

And this is from a few years ago. A friend and I counted to three, then we shot each other (ha) at the same time. Here are those images next to one another.
tandemshot.png

I'm on the left, and the photo I took is on the right. I think my friend looks like he is from the matrix  :laughing7:  But maybe you can tell why I love my old camera - it takes fantastic pictures!

jimh said:
DangerousR6 said:

What???  No Guns???  :icon_tongue:
Doug, you look almost respectable with your hair cut like that.  Same as me.
Got my .45 in the small of my back...Like American Express, never leave home without it. :icon_biggrin:

nathana said:
So here's me using my 1959 Mamiyaflex

Ah... before the C220/C330 was the Mamiyaflex.  What a beast.  Not really a subtle camera.  Quiet though! 

I once had a Rolleiflex E (or was it a D?) with the 2.8 Zeiss Planar.  Not T* but still an outrageous lens.  I had to set it up myself - shimming the front and adjusting the lenses for perfect focus.  Took me a week of afterhours tinkering.  I also had a few Rolleicords.. still good in their own right.

Then came Hasselblad - still have those.

Had Nikon's with about a dozen Nikors... got rid of them for Canon.  The old Nikors were better lenses, better color, but Canon made me a deal I couldn't resist. 

Then came Leica.  I have upgraded Canon over the years, but Leica is my first choice.  There is nothing else like it, or the lenses.  One of these days, I'll get an M9 to compliment my M4's and M6's.  Maybe after I win the lottery!~  Those puppies are bout what... $6,000?  Ouch, but proving again, that its not pure pixel count that makes things better.  Leica poured a lot into the firmware in that camera, to make it mimic film images taken with classic Leicas.  I think they did a pretty decent job.

One camera to stay away from is the old Bronica S2 or S2a... loudest cameras I've ever had the misfortune of being next to~

nathana said:
Besides geetars and music, one of my biggest hobbies is photography. I usually shoot black and white film, and I love old cameras.

So here's me using my 1959 Mamiyaflex twin-lens camera this spring (I didn't take the picture, of course)
0005tiny.jpg

I think you need to start taking band photos for money.  Those moody black and white photos work well with freaky music types.

894863536_9n8cR-XL.jpg

=CB= said:
Ah... before the C220/C330 was the Mamiyaflex.  What a beast.  Not really a subtle camera.  Quiet though! 

I once had a Rolleiflex E (or was it a D?) with the 2.8 Zeiss Planar.  Not T* but still an outrageous lens.  I had to set it up myself - shimming the front and adjusting the lenses for perfect focus.  Took me a week of afterhours tinkering.  I also had a few Rolleicords.. still good in their own right.

Then came Hasselblad - still have those.

Had Nikon's with about a dozen Nikors... got rid of them for Canon.  The old Nikors were better lenses, better color, but Canon made me a deal I couldn't resist. 

Then came Leica.  I have upgraded Canon over the years, but Leica is my first choice.  There is nothing else like it, or the lenses.  One of these days, I'll get an M9 to compliment my M4's and M6's.  Maybe after I win the lottery!~  Those puppies are bout what... $6,000?  Ouch, but proving again, that its not pure pixel count that makes things better.  Leica poured a lot into the firmware in that camera, to make it mimic film images taken with classic Leicas.  I think they did a pretty decent job.

One camera to stay away from is the old Bronica S2 or S2a... loudest cameras I've ever had the misfortune of being next to~

Yep, the Mamiyaflex is definitely a beast. But so quiet, and it's got so few moving parts that it looks and performs far better than I expect to at my 50th birthday! Image quality is excellent, and the 120mm format sure doesn't hurt there either. I haven't had the privilege of using a Rollei of any sort, but I've had a lot of fun with Hasselblads in the past. Good enough for the moon, good enough for me... But those were just cameras loaned to me by photo professors. I haven't yet been able to justify throwing down thousands of dollars on camera gear when the Mamiya works as well as it does.

Funny that you mention the Bronicas. Those two photos of me were shot on my friend's Bronica, not sure which model. Not the most intuitive camera though.

My go-to 35mm cameras are Nikons. I agree that the lenses are lovely (doesn't everyone?). Canons never really felt right in my hands. I used a relatively modern Leica for about an afternoon, and it was just dreamy. And an M9.... well, someday maybe. Last I checked, those were pushing 7 grand. I don't own a digital SLR, I've never found one that seemed both affordable AND quality AND intuitive. I just can't justify the expense on a developing technology if it doesn't meet those three requirements. I've thought about the Nikon D90, but so far I just haven't had the heart to leave my film behind.

mayfly said:
I think you need to start taking band photos for money.  Those moody black and white photos work well with freaky music types.

I'm glad you find me moody, Trev  :laughing7:  I've tried shooting concerts, but I'm really much more of a portrait guy.

The thing I like about Leica... is being able to shoot wide open, f/2.0 and get tack sharp results with the most beautiful out of focus backgrounds imaginable.  I rarely stop the lenses down, preferring higher shutter speeds instead.  Shooting ISO 25 film in daylight, you're at 1/1000 @ f/2.0 in bright sun.  Moderately darker spots outdoors (under shade for example) still very hand-holdable. 

AND NO BATTERIES on film Leicas.  At least the M4's.  The M6 has a meter, but everything else works with no battery.  When I'm out away from things, I'll bring digital, but have plenty of backup in thumb powered Leicas.

I was there from 88-91.  Lived in Neidermohr until Desert Storm started and they moved us on base.  Unbelievable changes they've made to the base since I was stationed with HQ USAFE Civil Engineering!

Back