Short scale bass and medium scale bass

dNA said:
NonsenseTele said:
I really would like news about this, even not going to buy any in the next few years

err.. well if you admittedly aren't buying any, what incentive have they got for giving you any info?

Because they posted it here saying it would happen and received a lot of question of when it'll be avaiable or new about the process, etc and answered like 10% or less...
I may not buy one now as I don't have money, but I'm 25 years old and may live much more years ahead... The way of they behave may not change anything now, but may in near future and a may a lot in the long future...

You could also ask: "if you're not buying anything, why are you on the forum and visiting Warmoth's site?"... don't you?

I would add that (lack of) money and need have nothing to do with stopping GAS.  If and when we see the afforementioned shortscale(s), money and need are sometimes found in the strangest places.

K folks, these are moving forward.  We don't have all the webpages and marketing fru-fru done yet.

allscalescomparison.jpg

J (top and rear rout), Z, G4 and single cut G4 bodies are available. 
Necks are only available with the Warhead, have a slightly thinner back contour and do not include the steel stiffening bars.  Standard tuner ream is for BML lights and includes routing for the tuner set pins.
Wood options are the same as full scale bodies.

AprioriMark said:
Sweeeeeet.  Any word on if any of these necks will retrofit to a Stu Hamm body?  It's 32" scale.

-Mark

No retrofits.  The short scales use a slightly narrower neck pocket / neck heel.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm going to measure the neck pocket of the Stu Hamm, since I'm pretty sure it's smaller than standard as well.

-Mark

Wow, very very cool. I so want one and I haven't been playing any bass for months now! This is a seriously great direction for you guys to take - along with the carved tele and some other moves, you are really developing your own unique product line beyond the Gecko.  :icon_thumright:

Nice pic, but the lens flare effects have GOT to go.  :)

Eventually I'd like to see these necks with the "Warmoth" 2+2 angled headstock.  This would probably be a better match with the G4-style bodies.  I echo tfarny's comments above: making the Warmoth product line more distinctive is a great thing!

On a related note:  why isn't the "Warhead" headstock listed on the website?

Awesome!!!! Hope I win the lottery soon :laughing7:
Will it be expanded to all body shapes?

Can you show us the singlecut G4?

Wyliee said:
K folks, these are moving forward.  We don't have all the webpages and marketing fru-fru done yet.

allscalescomparison.jpg

Since there's no licensing issue as these do not retrofit with any known Fender neck or body, or have the Fender headstock shape, will W be able to show these as completed instruments on the W site and not just parts?

Very veeeeery tempting basses!

But +1 on removing lense flare tool effect-

your graphics man should know better...

tallman said:
Very veeeeery tempting basses!

But +1 on removing lense flare tool effect-

your graphics man should know better...

Notice that one with the lens flare is a full 34" scale.....and it's assembled.  From left to right they are 30", 32", and 34" full Fender licensed replacement parts scale.  If anyone has spent any deal of time on here, they know the deal about how Warmoth is licensed Fender parts (the 30" and 32" don't fall under that hence the non-Fender headstock) and not fully assembled instruments.  They can not even imply that you could build an entire instrument out of parts by showing a fully assembled instrument.  Even though it's not fooling anyone, the lens flare may blur the image enough to do.....something so no one notices it's a fully assembled licensed parts build.  The lens flare is right on the only part that is Fender licensed - the head stock shape.  It's no coincidence, IMO.

I think this whole thing is a tease - this has been going on for a year and a half now and nothing on their main page. I want to see one! Dedicated web site or it doesn't exist! (oh wait then do I exist?)

tfarny said:
I think this whole thing is a tease - this has been going on for a year and a half now and nothing on their main page. I want to see one! Dedicated web site or it doesn't exist! (oh wait then do I exist?)

+1, it's been a long time and I believe the people who would build one has already changed plans... I'd try to buy it one year ago, today I try to pay my bills without going more than R$300 RED :sad:

tfarny said:

Sorry guys.  Sometimes the wheels move slow.  They're definitely available, just not on the website.  :sad:  PM me if you want one.

NonsenseTele said:
tfarny said:

+1, it's been a long time and I believe the people who would build one has already changed plans... I'd try to buy it one year ago, today I try to pay my bills without going more than R$300 RED :sad:

I agree with Fernando. Some months ago 1 Euro corresponded to 1.5 USD, now it's just 1.23. At that time I would have immediately bought a body and a neck for a shortscale if they had been put on the site; today I certainly won't be able to for several months at least.

ByteFrenzy said:
NonsenseTele said:
tfarny said:

I agree with Fernando. Some months ago 1 Euro corresponded to 1.5 USD, now it's just 1.23. At that time I would have immediately bought a body and a neck for a shortscale if they had been put on the site; today I certainly won't be able to for several months at least.

I wouldn't speculate on what the Euro will do to the $ over the next couple of months. It can go either way. I'd say: Get one if you can afford it or else just don't until you can.
That said, I'm glad that my credit card was charged right when I ordered my neck in april and not when it was shipped. The difference would roughy have been the price of an extra set Elixir bass strings. :)

Back